Nyos Opus G2300

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nyos 300 has been up and running for about a month now. I wanted to go with an external overflow for this build. First impressions are the Aquarium, sump and stand are very well made. The seams on the tank are perfect. The navy background in quite nice...it's an extremely dark blue...almost black. The other reason I went with Nyos was to get away from the membrane drain valves...previous 4 builds have been RedSea. Nyos had switched to a ball valve late last year. Unfortunately my system came with the membrane wheel valve. I reached out to Nyos and Aperture to get the updated valve...no response other than thanks for contacting us, we'll get back to you. Once I filled the tank I noticed a bubble in the front pane...middle of the tank so it's constantly in viewing. I reached out to Nyos and Aperture about the bubble...same lack of response. I'm ordering the 32mm parts to swap to the main drain ball valve. Again the system in general is very nice and at a decent price point...the lack of customer service is just the norm I guess.

20240326_074923.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nyos 300 has been up and running for about a month now. I wanted to go with an external overflow for this build. First impressions are the Aquarium, sump and stand are very well made. The seams on the tank are perfect. The navy background in quite nice...it's an extremely dark blue...almost black. The other reason I went with Nyos was to get away from the membrane drain valves...previous 4 builds have been RedSea. Nyos had switched to a ball valve late last year. Unfortunately my system came with the membrane wheel valve. I reached out to Nyos and Aperture to get the updated valve...no response other than thanks for contacting us, we'll get back to you. Once I filled the tank I noticed a bubble in the front pane...middle of the tank so it's constantly in viewing. I reached out to Nyos and Aperture about the bubble...same lack of response. I'm ordering the 32mm parts to swap to the main drain ball valve. Again the system in general is very nice and at a decent price point...the lack of customer service is just the norm I guess.

20240326_074923.jpg
Love the way your scape looks!

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Guess I need to get my thread up :grimacing-face: Have you thought about adapting the 32MM to 1"? This is what I'm doing to hard plumb in the Reefmat, may make plumbing easier down the road if you add anything.

OP
OP
Finn450

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Guess I need to get my thread up :grimacing-face: Have you thought about adapting the 32MM to 1"? This is what I'm doing to hard plumb in the Reefmat, may make plumbing easier down the road if you add anything.
thanks...thought about the 1" but found everything I need on Amazon for $60...so I'll keep it uniform...for now.

OP
OP
Finn450

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything has settled down and stabilized. The plan is to start the torch garden in the front right of the aquarium. The sump is shown to highlight the "wheel" membrane valve...my hope is that Nyos and Aperture send me the upgraded ball valve.
Screenshot_20240402_141311_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_141303_Gallery.jpg
20240402_135621.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back