Nyos Skimmers production problem?

oakcityreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
303
Reaction score
310
Location
North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting a Nyos Quantum 220 EQ skimmer but its seems there isn't one to be found in the USA. Anybody know what's going on, tariffs maybe? Is it a production issue? Just trying to make an informed decision on whether to wait it out a couple of weeks or go with another brand of DC skimmer.
 
Most places may be sold out due to the holidays. Give it a little bit and they will hopefully restock.
 
I was able to order one during the Black Friday sales from Premium Aquatics. Pretty sure they are sold out as the EQ is the new model that just released and they were all on sale during BF. I was going to order from Saltwater Aquarium but they sold out very fast.
 
I would go with a different skimmer regardless. These skimmers have way too many parts for a skimmer and doing a deep clean in a PITA. I'm sure the new dc pump version is nice, but for the price, I would go the reef octopus route or Deltec or even better, the new Tunze's.
 
I went with a Reef Octopus Elite 220 SSS. Mainly because I need a skimmer now but also concerned with the Nyos fitting in my sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new