Nytmare's 29 Gallon Money Pit

Nytmare

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
11
Location
Green, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers! I have been out of the hobby for 20 years and decided a few months back that I wanted to get back into it. A lot has changed in 20 years, first off when did someone take the extra tag-alongs off the live rock! I would like to say I am a billionaire and ran out of things to spend money on and figured this would be the best way to spend some of that cash.... I would be lying about part of that statement; I won’t tell you which part ;)


I jumped into the water feet first and started a small 29-gallon reef tank. Which I added a reef-pi to which, then recently grew up into a Neptune Apex system. My simple HOB filter turned into a full sump and the basic light migrated to a AI Prime H. Then came dosing and growing photo and pods... my wife is very happy with how much I have spent so far and is greatly encouraging me to deplete all of our hard-earned money on more fun equipment... HONESTLY, I am lying.


My Current Build:

LFS 29 Gallon tank stand combo

Eshopps Power Flow 300 Overflow

Eshopps RS-75 SUMP

Fiji Cube large HOB Refugium with Auqa Gadget ChaetoMax Light

AI Prime HD16

Tunze 9410 DC Skimmer

Neptune Apex

-Neptune DOS

-Neptune AFS

-Neptune DDR

-Neptune LDK

-Neptune PMK
 
Welcome to the Reef, and back into the hobby. We love pictures here
image-asset.gif
 
Can’t wait to see it! I have a 29 gallon as well
 
It is amazing how fast the bucks can go nowadays. I thought it was bad years ago, but now...oh man!
 
Just wait until you upgrade to a 100gallon+ tank and use that one for a frag tank, you'll really be able to make a dent in that cash flow! ;)
 
I am going to close this thread since I ended up upgrading to a 75 Gal Rimless... the addiction is real, we need a support group, not for us but our families. I will post a new build with pics :cool:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new