Ocean of discounts: Did you buy any coral in the past week?

Did you buy any coral in the past week?

• Yes, I bought corals this past week.

Votes: 90 40.9%
  • No, I looked at the sales, but didn’t buy anything.

Votes: 63 28.6%
  • No, I avoided the marketing and the “deals”.

Votes: 56 25.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 5.0%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ocean of discounts: Did you buy any coral in the past week?

With the Black Friday / Small Business Saturday / Cyber Monday deals going on this past week, did you buy any coral this past week? There were some stunning corals that were available and many, many corals on sale to choose from! With all of the amazing sales and opportunities to add additional livestock to your reef, please let us know what, if any, corals that you purchased.

LRO_BlackFridaySale.jpeg

Photo by @Living Reef Orlando

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.topshelfaquatics.com
TSABanner2.jpeg

“Top Shelf Aquatics helps you feel confident in the quality, reliability, and consistency of getting everything you need for a perfect saltwater aquarium. From corals and fish to inverts and aquarium supplies, you can count on us to provide you with a seamless reefing experience.”

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some really good sales at AquaSD for BF and CM. . . couldn't help myself!

Was mostly looking for zoas but got a few other pieces as well.

Hope yall had a good thanksgiving and got in on some good deals!

I'm thankful for this forum and the great folks on it!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a blue light special from @Battlecorals. IMO that was the only real black Friday sale here. Why do I say that? Because it started on black Friday not two weeks prior so I felt obligated to make a purchase :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:. If there were others I apologize, I wasn't really in need of anything. I always buy coral because I want to, other items tend to be more of a need so I'll buy that stuff no matter what.

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I bought a rainbow Acanthophyllia from Harry's Marine Life. Acanthos are my fav corals and I decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present.

Got a huge discount, which brought the price of the coral down from "insane" to merely "very overpriced".

It's being delivered today. Very excited. Didn't tell my wife about it though...

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with their sales online retailers prices seem often are too high for me. I also prefer seeing the coral. I’ve been burned too many times when a coral appeared a lot bigger and more vibrant online and then all I got the mail was a bland toothpick of a coral.

I prefer my LFS who I did buy an octospawn, acropora, and assorted mushrooms from.

Last edited:

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a 3 head Dragon Soul Torch and a CC Inferno nem for 50% off. Then went a little overboard on equipment. LOL

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got in on the tidal gardens sale I probably wouldn't have but I won a free coral so had to make shipping worth it

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
was searching for some deals on speciosa's/granulosa's but wasn't able to capitalize on the ones that became available. i am only looking for specific corals/colors, otherwise i could've came out with some new corals.

quite frankly the only time i look forward to buying corals is at RAPNY or local reefers. most sales nowadays happen too frequently, and i believe it over saturates the market. everyone selling the same things at vastly varying prices makes it an eyesore/chore to join the sales..

saltienewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Micromussa, favia, ricordea, and some cheap zoas from @Tidal Gardens . After I bought some and got some free on their last sale and all were packaged perfectly, and have been doing great, I decided to jump in again. Most of my coral is from local reefers in Atlanta, but some stuff like Psammacora isn’t really propagated locally. The sales prices for things like Ricordea and micromussa is in line with local reefers, with the bonus of not having to leave my house, and being able to support Than, whose coral care videos are some of the best reefing content online.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d been eying a Space Invader Pectinia for a few months but couldn’t pull the trigger because of the price. Saw this deal at Tidal Gardens and couldn’t not pull the trigger. I’m not getting it until December 7 as I’m working every day, except Sunday, until then.
5A805AA8-89FC-4548-8F69-5527C06D9FFE.png

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d been eying a Space Invader Pectinia for a few months but couldn’t pull the trigger because of the price. Saw this deal at Tidal Gardens and couldn’t not pull the trigger. I’m not getting it until December 7 as I’m working every day, except Sunday, until then.
5A805AA8-89FC-4548-8F69-5527C06D9FFE.png
Give it plenty of room I keep 2, a space invader and a rainbow. I've seen sweepers over 6" on these guys. Sorry if your already aware :winking-face:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back