Ocean Palette: Do you focus on colors when taking pictures of your tank?

Do you focus on colors when taking pictures of your tank?

• Always

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 38 31.9%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Never

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Other (please explain in the discussion thread)

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ocean Palette: Do you focus on colors when taking pictures of your tank?

Whether you have created a natural-looking reef or added neon eye-popping corals and fish, the colors of a reef tanks can be stunning. The blue lights, the distortion of the water, and that fish that loves to photo-bomb pictures can all be a challenge, but developing your photography skills can make the effort worth it. I realize that sometimes there is a time and place to take pictures for identification or for comparison at a later time, but sometimes we also take pictures in an attempt to capture the beauty of the tank or some part of it. The myriad of colors in a reef tank is certainly one place to find that beauty. Do you focus on colors when taking pictures of your tank? Let us know in the discussion thread.

Pro Tip: Paying attention to what is in the background, and even pre-planning the background, can help the colors stand out in your photos as well as limiting distractions in the images.

SwissFragReefer_B&Wclowns.jpg

Photo by @Swiss Frag Reefer

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Other. I don't take photos of my tank. I have an aquarium for my own personal enjoyment..not to take photos of it to impress other people on the internet. :upside-down-face:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its not that I focus on colors- I have colors. Most of my posts are for build threads/build thread updates.

1686316084635.png

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for pictures no! But I do when planting sticks.. I make sure the reds and yellows are together and the blues and greens flow inside the purples.. maybe throw a green inside the yellow for contrast haha! I’ve been custom painting for years so I make colors flow that I would use for graphics on a car or bike…artistry..

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I focus on the "now" in the reef. I let the tank inhabitants make the art they want the world to see. The colors are a natural part of the message they convey. I just sometimes get lucky enough to capture it all. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
PSX_20230608_202442~4.jpg
PSX_20230530_213915.jpg
PSX_20230523_160135.jpg
PSX_20220926_163820.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back