Thanks

IMG_3947.JPG

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set mine to 100% on both channels and at 5" away I got a PAR of 460 and my fixture is between 3 and 4 years old. I suspect it may be down on intensity by 10% or more by now, but I don't know for sure. A PAR of 450 to 500 at the water surface isn't good or bad as it depends on how far under the surface your coral is and what kind it is. If it close to the surface and it doesn't like strong light, it's probably a huge issue. If the coral is 12" deep and it like intense light, it's probably OK.

You've been acclimating them to this over 6 months, so I'd assume everything is OK.

Cody.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used these lights for the past two years and they are really good for the price!

Mo-sachi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the T247 fixture for a few months now and I absolutely love it. I am still trying to find the right intensity for my 93g cube. But no complaints so far. Rock solid on coloration and schedule/ timer. Excellent purchase for anyone interested in getting into LEDs. I had MHs fixtures prior to this. MH worked great! I had to downsize due to a move and wanted to change it up a bit. Totally satisfied.

As of today they rest atop of my temp 40g breeder. My cube developed a leak and I am in the process of resealing everything. The intensity set on the 40g: CH1-22%; CH2-8%.

Envisionist22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant seem to dial this lights percentage in, I see many many different responses. I love the way it looks and like the controller and setup. Its very bright and makes the tank look great. its hard to judge light without a meter but I think im going to try 70/30. my coral seem to not like it higher then that. 30 seems low for a 24"deep tank but they are sitting about half way down.

Envisionist22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant seem to dial this lights percentage in, I see many many different responses. I love the way it looks and like the controller and setup. Its very bright and makes the tank look great. its hard to judge light without a meter but I think im going to try 70/30. my coral seem to not like it higher then that. 30 seems low for a 24"deep tank but they are sitting about half way down.
Also not hanging it but using the top mounting arms.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine at 70/30 for your tank. the 70 blue will make your corals happy. The 30 white is way more for you than for your coral. They do like the other spectrum in the white light, but it isn't nearly as important to them as the blue. When I had mine over my frag tank, only 10", I had it set at 90% blue and 10% white and the corals looked great! I'm not suggesting you try that setting, just making the comment so you know that the white isn't that important. You should add white until the light in the tank is pleasing to your eyes. The corals won't mind.

Envisionist22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine at 70/30 for your tank. the 70 blue will make your corals happy. The 30 white is way more for you than for your coral. They do like the other spectrum in the white light, but it isn't nearly as important to them as the blue. When I had mine over my frag tank, only 10", I had it set at 90% blue and 10% white and the corals looked great! I'm not suggesting you try that setting, just making the comment so you know that the white isn't that important. You should add white until the light in the tank is pleasing to your eyes. The corals won't mind.
Oh I actually thought whites were required, or at least thats what was said a long time ago lol. We are in a different time now though, I actually like the whites to be much lower then the blues. Enough to where you can see some of the natural color. Thank you.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whites are useful to the coral for other reasons, like production of some internal chemistry and pigment production. But the blue is what the zooxanthellae (algae) inside the coral use to do photosynthesis which is what helps feed the coral polyp, therefore, more important. I have run a nice 125g tank with lots of coral for several weeks on blue light only. Most nuisance algae don't use blue light and they fade away. And unlike going full 'lights out' for 3 days, which the corals don't like and why there is a 3 day limit, with just blues the corals will even open up and look quite normal.

Envisionist22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I changed my light to 75 Blues and 15 white and my Coral Seem to love it. I do notice from 70 to 100 doesn't look like any difference in intensity but corals are happy so im happy =D

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference between 70 and 100 in the blue channel would be hard to see with your eyes, but a PAR meter does show a real difference.

Don't trust your eyes, they are not reliable.

At 15% white you might not get quite the same pigment development you would with white at 30% or 40%. But then again, it might not make much difference at all.

Mitch lannin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a phone number on ocean revive? I've got 3 arctic t247 lights on my tank
I've had them about a year and one of them stopped working

James Engels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I got my new Ocean Revive Arctic T247 LEDS. I like the way they look. I really like the finish that is used on the lights.
I have great coverage from front to back and side to side. They are 10" off the water.
I have them hanging right now. I hope to build a canopy in the very near future.
I have the LEDS set to first Channel Blue set to 50% Channel 2 set to 35%. I will ramp them up slowly over time.
The Fans are super quite.
Now for some info about them before the photos
Package Includes:
1x Arctic T247
1x Remote with Battery
1x power cord
1x User's Manual
2x adjustable Hanging Kit
How the LEDS are Layout
ry%3D400

Okay here we go
Full tank shot
ry%3D480

View of the timer
ry%3D480

Top shot down
ry%3D480

Side view with the remote. You can see how big the heat sink is inside of fixture.
ry%3D480

Green Cap with purple rim.
ry%3D480

Green Frog Spawn with purple tips
ry%3D480

A very Large Purple Digi colony
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Some shot of Ricordea
ry%3D480
Question for you; I have a 30 gal long mixed with a t247 over it at 18 inch off the water. I keep my blues at 40 and my whites at 1. I only have a depth of 15&1/2. In your opinion do you think my settings are good or would you recommend I change them???

Carl C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I got my new Ocean Revive Arctic T247 LEDS. I like the way they look. I really like the finish that is used on the lights.
I have great coverage from front to back and side to side. They are 10" off the water.
I have them hanging right now. I hope to build a canopy in the very near future.
I have the LEDS set to first Channel Blue set to 50% Channel 2 set to 35%. I will ramp them up slowly over time.
The Fans are super quite.
Now for some info about them before the photos
Package Includes:
1x Arctic T247
1x Remote with Battery
1x power cord
1x User's Manual
2x adjustable Hanging Kit
How the LEDS are Layout
ry%3D400

Okay here we go
Full tank shot
ry%3D480

View of the timer
ry%3D480

Top shot down
ry%3D480

Side view with the remote. You can see how big the heat sink is inside of fixture.
ry%3D480

Green Cap with purple rim.
ry%3D480

Green Frog Spawn with purple tips
ry%3D480

A very Large Purple Digi colony
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Some shot of Ricordea
ry%3D480
very nice !

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just chiming in.

Ron, I was surprised to see your PAR numbers so low at just 5". I run mine at 65/25. 12" off the tank and at 5" my clams get nearly 400.

I use these on a little 30gal. Panel LED with 120 optics 12" off the tank gives complete blanket coverage with almost zero shimmer. I picked these lights up 2 years ago when they were not highly regarded for a steal ($150AU delivered) but now you cant buy these in Aus, I'd have to pay $240AU and then another $80 to ship them from the US. Its a real shame, because they are offer fabulous performance for the money.

The fans on one of my units have stopped entirely, I bought a few fans just to see if they will work. If not, I'm in trouble. The MarsAqua aren't half as good without the digital timer and settings.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bronx19, I'd say the difference in PAR is due to the age of mine. I'd test it again, but I sold that tank and fixture a while back.

Back