Ocean Revive or viparspectra lights

That's clean, Susan. Congrats!
thanks. Hubby did a great job! I can get the part number for the stand offs on the lights. He made these but there is a part number to purchase them from McMaster Carr
 
FWIW I went with 6 165w lights over my 6ft 240.
I mixed brands and placement because of different led chips in the different brands. All turned relatively low but very good coverage and like I said a good mix of leds,
3 philzon that have 410 and 470nm
2 luxbird with 420, 450 and 470
1 vipar 420,450, and 470 plus the timer for a slight dimming ability.

All and all love the setup and coals do to, maybe not the greatest set up but but for the cost I dont think it could be beat. There are over 300 leds spread out over the entire tank giving a really good blanket and more par than I could ever want.
Just my .02

20191222_092552.jpg
 
Lights cannot be daisy chained according to the manufacturer. Here's my review:

 
Not sure on daisy chain but I have a revive and love it. Worth the $ and quality in my opinion. I have an LFS that uses revives on all their frag tanks and have some amazing pieces growing under them.
 
Susan, what old light were you using before in the first pic? That seems like a nice work light for when I raise my canopy,
 
Love my 3 OR on my 210g tank. And you can get the digital display from viparspectra when they go bad. in my 30" deep tank running them 10% B and 2% W as of today with lots of growth, worst thing you can do is turn them up to bright. They are strong
 
"And you can get the digital display from viparspectra when they go bad"

What???
 
The digital display are identical, both came from same factory. If you cannot read your display because of burnt out letters, viparspectra can sell you a new one for your ocean revive.
 
Sure didnt/wouldnt think THAT was an option. Sounds like a plus then. Thanks for the explanation.
 
I use the ocean revive over my 30 gallon box style tank and it works great. Corals perform well with their colors. It was given to me by a friend who just couldn't understand the hobby so he gave up. But over all it has the power. I use it at 35 40% max as I used the stand that it came with. However could be a ****** light if hung higher
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new