Ocean revive T-247 - Slow growing corals

Angie Sewnauth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
I’ve gotten this light last November and I haven’t seen a good growth in my tank. Wondering if I am programming it correctly or I should ditch it??? Anyone have these lights - can you tell me how you’ve scheduled yours?

I have three over 180 gallons about 11” off the water. I run the blues at 100% and the whites at 20%
Blues on from 8am to 10pm
Whites on from 10am to 4pm

F02C0918-CF72-430A-9D94-17F5F5A4A900.jpeg

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
I’ve gotten this light last November and I haven’t seen a good growth in my tank. Wondering if I am programming it correctly or I should ditch it??? Anyone have these lights - can you tell me how you’ve scheduled yours?

F02C0918-CF72-430A-9D94-17F5F5A4A900.jpeg

I have seen a few ridiculously awesome tanks under these lights. It is pretty common for individuals to replace some of the cool whites with warm whites and even replace the green and red LEDs with warm whites or blues.

How are your parameters?

OP
OP
A

Angie Sewnauth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a few ridiculously awesome tanks under these lights. It is pretty common for individuals to replace some of the cool whites with warm whites and even replace the green and red LEDs with warm whites or blues.

How are your parameters?
It’s good - I have great colors but slow growth - my next move is to move stuff around.

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more you move stuff the slower they will grow. What exactly are you giving care to?(picture not really clear)

Some corals grow slower than other even with them being from the same family. I have some zoas that grow one new head every month while other grow several weekly. And most acros forget about it. I didn't start getting stuff to grow for the first 6 months when I start reefing.

OP
OP
A

Angie Sewnauth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more you move stuff the slower they will grow. What exactly are you giving care to?(picture not really clear)

Some corals grow slower than other even with them being from the same family. I have some zoas that grow one new head every month while other grow several weekly. And most acros forget about it. I didn't start getting stuff to grow for the first 6 months when I start reefing.
Thank you - I haven’t move anything around since adding them almost a year now - it’s a mix reef. I guess I’ll just have to let me be for now.

I feed all with reef chili every other day - is that normal feeding? How do you feed yours?

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is, why you have 14 hours of blues at 100%? That's really a lot of light!! I believe you're burning your corals. These lights are incredibly powerful! on my tank 20 inches tall at 12" above water I'm getting about 215 par on the sand bed with only blues at 100%. You need to turn down your lights and your light schedule. I run mines with blues at 40% 9 AM - 9 PM, whites 1 pm - 7 pm at 10%. All my Acropora getting 200+ par. I really believe you're blasting your corals!

OP
OP
A

Angie Sewnauth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is, why you have 14 hours of blues at 100%? That's really a lot of light!! I believe you're burning your corals. These lights are incredibly powerful! on my tank 20 inches tall at 12" above water I'm getting about 215 par on the sand bed with only blues at 100%. You need to turn down your lights and your light schedule. I run mines with blues at 40% 9 AM - 9 PM, whites 1 pm - 7 pm at 10%. All my Acropora getting 200+ par. I really believe you're blasting your corals!
Thank you - I’ll give that a try. With your lighting schedule are you getting good growth?

OP
OP
A

Angie Sewnauth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 28” deep and the lights are about 11” off water

mikes686

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gradually turn up the white channel, we run about 40% And I have a monti cap that's growing like a weed. My palys and new zoas too.

mikes686

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how tall is your tank? I believe mine is 28” tall
It's gone lights out, except the refugium which has just come on. I have a 210 with a 40g breeder a sump. 2 4" socks, a RO 200 skimmer, refugium with cheato, a Simplicity DC pump. The DT has two overflows. I just got it up and running, we stocked it last weekend. We have a 2" dsb, 180 pounds of live rock and a full frag rack. Everyone is still getting settled. Probably start gluing corals next week. Needs a canopy built and one more T247. I'm adding two t5s with coral blue and purple plus on each.
20180610_110114.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Angie Sewnauth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's gone lights out, except the refugium which has just come on. I have a 210 with a 40g breeder a sump. 2 4" socks, a RO 200 skimmer, refugium with cheato, a Simplicity DC pump. The DT has two overflows. I just got it up and running, we stocked it last weekend. We have a 2" dsb, 180 pounds of live rock and a full frag rack. Everyone is still getting settled. Probably start gluing corals next week. Needs a canopy built and one more T247. I'm adding two t5s with coral blue and purple plus on each.
20180610_110114.jpeg
That’s awesome it looks amazing! Last question promise - what is your lighting schedule?

Thank you for the support

mikes686

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still working on the schedule. My blues come on at 730am and off at 9pm at 60% and the whites from noon to 4pm at 50%. My refugium is a small led ref led light red/blue for 4 hours, 10pm to 2am. Once I get the canopy built and running, I'll have to slowly introduce the t5s so I don't bleach or kill my corals, also watching for algea.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back