Oceanic incandescent biocube light adapter.

james.lawson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a pioneer to the reef world. Old school biocube. The thing is mint. I just need the power adapters for the lights. I know it's a shot in the dark since it's been in a garage for 20 years.
It needs the 5 pin style.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a pioneer to the reef world. Old school biocube. The thing is mint. I just need the power adapters for the lights. I know it's a shot in the dark since it's been in a garage for 20 years.
something like this? pics may help, just a guess

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a word of caution. I have this tank. They no longer make the bulbs for it. You may want to look at Steve's LEDS to swap out if you want your lid left in tact. They are an easy install. If you have bulbs, you can probably stretch it out for a year before the upgrade if you are doing lps and softies.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats an awesome find.
Im still running a super old 32G biocube thats close to that old.
Ive long since ripped out the lights and replaced them with LEDs though. First inside the hood, then i ripped off the hood and now have an XR-15 Radion over it using the clamp on back lighting adapter.
Just a word of caution. I have this tank. They no longer make the bulbs for it. You may want to look at Steve's LEDS to swap out if you want your lid left in tact. They are an easy install. If you have bulbs, you can probably stretch it out for a year before the upgrade if you are doing lps and softies.
I second this idea of looking into swapping out the current lights.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thats an awesome find.
Im still running a super old 32G biocube thats close to that old.
Ive long since ripped out the lights and replaced them with LEDs though. First inside the hood, then i ripped off the hood and now have an XR-15 Radion over it using the clamp on back lighting adapter.

I second this idea of looking into swapping out the current lights.
I'm still using the OG. Lol

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think someone on eBay has one for sale now. You can also easily diy an adhesive moonlight strip if you can't find the other adapter

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back