Ocellaris clownfish acting weird

Lcoxon11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been established for several months I have two clownfish that I bought together about a week and a half ago they get along just fine. One is very active, so active I named him “turbo” the other just sits at the bottom of the tank....Stationary swimming. He doesn’t have much of an interest in food. He hates the pellets because he refuses to swim to the top of the tank. So yesterday I fed the fish a frozen mysis shrimp cube and they all loved it... including him or her. He was very active after that.. but today he is back to his/her “lazy self” (for lack of better words). His color is fine, he doesn’t have anything on him he doesn’t even appear to be sick other then just sitting at the bottom in the tank and he also will run his face from time to time on the sand.. not sure what that’s about...?My water temp and all the levels are nearly perfect.. everything else is thriving .. except this one clownfish. I am quite a beginner so any suggestions/advice would really be helpful! Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_6472.MOV
    18.4 MB

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A wide variety of frozen foods mixed together into a fish "smoothie" will keep the fish happy and healthy. I usually take one frozen cube of several varieties (brine, mysis, chopped clams, etc.) and place into a tupperware. Place in the fridge and allow to "slump". Mix and then pour/strain off excess liquid (can cause algae problems). The mix can stay good for several days in your fridge. Can also add a drop or two of vitamins like Selcon, Zoecon, etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back