Ocellarius Clown Hosted by GSP?

Slapp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I picked up this little guy yesterday from my LFS. I wasn’t planning on him but my tank was more than fit for the little guy.

He really piqued my interest when one of the employees pulled him out of the sump he somehow found himself in, tiny little guy.

His tail fin is quite ragged and I felt bad so I took him home with a discounted price.

I had seen people who made their clowns host by just pouring them through a tube into the anemone when first introduced with lots of success. So since I had a tube and some Xenia which they like I poured him into it.

But then, he decides he likes the GSP and goes to sit in it. Closing up the whole thing. (Small frag right now)

Today he’s done it a few more times, but he’s not hosting in it right? That’d be a pain and a dead GSP.

If he is, is there anyway to make him stop? The GSP just started growing.

Little Elvis.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral hosts the clown, not the other way around.

There really is no way for you to make your clown be interested in a certain coral. If they've chosen something you don't like, you can try moving it or removing it from the tank temporarily.

OP
OP
S

Slapp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral hosts the clown, not the other way around.

There really is no way for you to make your clown be interested in a certain coral. If they've chosen something you don't like, you can try moving it or removing it from the tank temporarily.
Oh sorry.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back