OCTO OP4 Wave pump sync with Neptune Wave ???

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 180g peninsula setup, on the narrow back wall are installed 2 OP4 and 2 Wave pumps. The have been running different schedules since the original setup last year. The flow pattern is quite random as a result.

However, the desire is to run the pumps in left - right pulse mode driven by the Neptune Wave. Below is the right side N-Wave pump program. The left N-Wave pump runs the inverse schedule. When running only the Neptune pumps it is easy to create a reversing flow down each long side of the tank.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.30.27 AM.png

The Profile below is to mirror the Wave-1 pump:
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.25.46 AM.png

The current OP4 pump runs the following profile schedule.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.27.38 AM.png

When the OP4 program is changed to set to the profile 0-Wave1, the pump's 0-10v signal remains constant (unchanging at 0 volts). So the mirror profile is not generating a signal change in the same manner as the other profiles do...ideas??

OP
OP
J

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts out there in syncing the running of a 0-10v signal with a Neptune Wave pump set?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't figure out how to sync my WAVs with SICCE XStream-Es (original model). I asked a Neptune Techie about it at a show, and he didn't see any reason why it couldn't be done. So I suggest you check with their Neptune Systems Community forum.

I never did get mine synced up, so I replaced the WAVs with Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 4s.

OP
OP
J

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the suggestion to post on Neptune Systems Community forum, I did so...only to find that the post deleted...so, I reckon they do not wish to discuss it there.

Other Ideas?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a thread on Octo Pulse 2 programming there:

OP
OP
J

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a thread on Octo Pulse 2 programming there:

Thank you, that is a good primer on setting up a 0-10v wave control...and is what I've been doing so far. What I'm looking to do is pair both left pumps (one of each) to run sync'd togther. For the right side pumps, have them sync'd togther and running an profile inverse to the left side. Something that the Wave pumps do naturally and the profile for "Wave" would appear to enable...but, it is not working.

Thank you for looking, it is appreciated.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be doing something like you (Joe G) are trying to do. (But doh, I don't recollect what a "profile inverse" is anymore.) I alternate two Octo 8s on the right with the two on the left. Each side runs for 30 seconds and turns off, and the other side then runs for 30 seconds, etcetera, etcetera. I have a virtual outlet set up as my 30 second timer. Other timers can be used - I think a 60 second timer is also easy to implement. I also ramp up the speed of all the Octos when they are running during the day, and then ramp them down for a calmer night flow. Hope this makes sense...

U

User1

View Badges
How about a virtual outlet, tide? May not be what you want but I was trying something similar with my Cor pumps. I have a Cor 15 and Cor 20 for returns on each side of the tank connected to Sea Swirls. Anyway I wanted to alternate left and right sides to change flow and came up with this.

TideTiming
OSC 000:00/360:00/360:00 Then ON

Cor 20
Fallback ON
Set 45
If Output TideTiming = ON Then 10

Cor 15
Fallback ON
Set 10
If Output TideTiming = ON Then 100

Not sure if it helps but figured I'd throw it out.

OP
OP
J

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be doing something like you (Joe G) are trying to do. (But doh, I don't recollect what a "profile inverse" is anymore.) I alternate two Octo 8s on the right with the two on the left. Each side runs for 30 seconds and turns off, and the other side then runs for 30 seconds, etcetera, etcetera. I have a virtual outlet set up as my 30 second timer. Other timers can be used - I think a 60 second timer is also easy to implement. I also ramp up the speed of all the Octos when they are running during the day, and then ramp them down for a calmer night flow. Hope this makes sense...

I think at this point, I'm beginning to think that the best solution is to the purchase of 2 additional pumps matching one of the MFGs which I currently have...leaning towards purchasing two Neptune Wave pumps and pull out the OP4s and keep as a backup to drop in when a pump needs to be shipped out for maintenance.

At issue is the lack of a 0-10v control that pairs with the Neptune Wave control. That's a gap in support for those who which to mix pump styles for additional capability in managing flow...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back