October Meeting

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As is with most Saturday meetings, I'm working :(
Sorry, Chris, can't attend this one. And I wish I wasn't gonna miss the whole Reef Tour/saw thing.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good! Better call the city and let them know, hahaha
Yes, I will go ahead and mention this now. LaVergne has passed a city ordinance that no cars are allowed to park on the street. So I will have to call the police station ahead of time and tell them that I am having a get together and roughly the amount of cars that will be parked on the streets. So no one will receive a $10 ticket! You MUST park on the right side of the road facing the normal flow of traffic.

This is completely ridiculous, but I have come to expect nothing less from the city of LaVergne.

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I will go ahead and mention this now. LaVergne has passed a city ordinance that no cars are allowed to park on the street. So I will have to call the police station ahead of time and tell them that I am having a get together and roughly the amount of cars that will be parked on the streets. So no one will receive a $10 ticket! You MUST park on the right side of the road facing the normal flow of traffic.

This is completely ridiculous, but I have come to expect nothing less from the city of LaVergne.
That sounds like it's Un American and possibly Unconstitutional, What if you have more cars than driveway?? Your Mayor is an IDIOT!
Bill

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you park in the yard, which is no longer a yard but either gravel or dirt. This ordinance has done wonders for the beauty and aesthetics of the city...idiots!:squigglemouth:

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in lavergnes defense most of the roads of people parked on the street would be blocked and cause problems .. ive lived in my house for 11 years now and before that law passed the roads used to be blocked from idiots parking on the road directly across from another car on the road. chris ill try make it its kinda far any1 wanna carpool? :p

hey just thought about something there is a church right across the street there .. maybe people could park there and ride 1 car over just to help from blocking the street and avoid the tickets.

Last edited:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see people getting towed from the church. NO ONE will get a ticket. As long as I call them and tell them I am having folks over it's cool.

iamvictor2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who is allowed to go to these meetings? Im new to sw and r2r and wold love to see what y'all have and what is for sale. I live in Smyrna. I have a 14 g bio cube and I just set up a 125 g with a 55 gallon sump that I need to get lots of hard goods for like lights and a skimmer. And I also need to know how y'all get the phosphates out of the city water cheaply.

Last edited:
OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who is allowed to go to these meetings? Im new to sw and r2r and wold love to see what y'all have and what is for sale. I live in Smyrna. I have a 14 g bio cube and I just set up a 125 g with a 55 gallon sump that I need to get lots of hard goods for like lights and a skimmer. And I also need to know how y'all get the phosphates out of the city water cheaply.

Anyone is allowed to attend our meetings as guests, As far as getting equipment from members a thread on this site will most likely get you some reply's as to what members have for sale. As far a Po4 goes there are not to many people that do not run a RODI unit first for tank water then if you have high Po4 you can remedy that in many different ways, But GFO or a algae turf scrubber come to mind or running Eco-Bak in a reactor is how i resolve Po4 issues. But there are many more ways to remove it from your tank like finding the source that is adding to it?
I'm sure you will get many reply's in this area, and you will see many good suggestions given for your consideration.
Bill

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best way to do all of that is join the club and start coming to meetings and posting questions on the forums
here. :)

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mtrc.org has some info but before paying through that site I would contact poolkeeper1 or smyrnareefer for exact information. But as a member you well get what you paid back just from your discount at LFS and free raffle frags and items at meetings :)

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mtrc.org has some info but before paying through that site I would contact poolkeeper1 or smyrnareefer for exact information. But as a member you well get what you paid back just from your discount at LFS and free raffle frags and items at meetings :)

Actually he needs to PM mixer911 (Rick) to get the payment taken care of as he is the money man!!!
Bill

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As for your phosphate issue, I'm selling my brand new, never opened, BRS pelletized GFO. All you need is a reactor or a sock to put it in and it will remove phates from your water.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back