Octospawn Infection?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening...

So, it seems like I have another infection. It keeps happening only to my lps. The heads start to shrink and they don’t open as big. When I take a look there is a yellowish ring around the skeleton that’s near the flesh of the head.

When I look closer I seem small little back bugs. Only a few. Someone in the past said they are bad and others say it’s just a scavenger eating the infection/rotting tissue.

I don’t what the answer is or the final solution.

Do I dip it with just peroxide ? Or use Revive by 2 little fishes? Or do I dip in Bayer ? Do I do both?

What are the bugs? Do I need to use “intercept” I think that’s what it’s called. It’s called something else . You get it from a vet. I dip all my corals when I get them.

Heres a pic of the coral and I circled in red and the yellowish possible infection . I can peel the yellowish ring off. It’s not stuck on the coral, comes off easy.

D17B8C1A-A844-485D-B6F4-7FC9AB84D8C6.jpeg A105466D-9618-4B90-B468-0B8E99B8F244.png

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with some advice?

I pulled it and dipped it bayer last night. I manual removed the infection if thats what it was. It pealed right off. Its yellow/white ish.

#reefsquad

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being ignored I just don’t know the answer. But I thought I’d respond so you know you are not in a vacuum!

Ha! I appreciate that! I don't know ether.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now my frogspawn is showing sings. I also say 2 Black bugs crawling on the stem of the frag spawn.

Any ideas yet?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 150 75.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back