Octospawn Polyp Bailout

  • Thread starter Thread starter SlyWqlker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SlyWqlker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 weeks ago, I received an octofrogspawn from WWC. It seemed to be doing fine until a couple days ago, I noticed a few small polyps that had dropped. However, only very young polyps are the ones that seem to fall off, not the large established ones. I have only seen like 3 tiny single polyps that have fallen. Any idea what is going on? My water parameters are: Nitrates, Phosphates, Nitrites, Ammonia, all undetectable. Calcium at 440. Salinity at 1.026.
 
I would like to add that it seems that new polyps are growing, and the polyps fully extend and have good color.
 
How's your octo? I'd raise nutrients.. phosphate and nitrate shouldn't be zero
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new