Octospawn splitting or dying?

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I got this octospawn 3.5-4 months ago. It was opened up and happy since day one. But, suddenly 5-6 weeks ago it stopped opening. I didn’t react or make any changes though it will come out again. Two days ago I dipped it (nothing came out) and change its place to more shaded and lower flow spot.

I took this picture today and if you can see at the middle their was a tissue connecting the two parts together. How the edges are separated and the tissue is mo more there. I noticed this when it started, the tissue in the middle was like ripping and pulled between the two sides. So, does octospawn split? Or this one is dying?

Tank is 200g:
Alk: 9.5 dkh
ph: 8.2-8.3
nitrate: 6 ppm
phosphate: 0.07 ppm
Cal: 430 ppm
Mag: 1340 ppm
salinity: 1.026

any ideas or tips?

IMG_0363.jpeg

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its in trouble. algae on the skeleton is a dead giveaway.
Get your water tested and try to look around to see if anything dumb fell in the tank. I found a fork in my sand one time that I must have knocked in there somehow and it was causing all kinds of weird trouble.

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its dying, the skeleton is showing, the polyps are receded right into the skeleton.

Try to correct whatever happened 5-6 weeks ago, it is not liking something in the tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its in trouble. algae on the skeleton is a dead giveaway.
Get your water tested and try to look around to see if anything dumb fell in the tank. I found a fork in my sand one time that I must have knocked in there somehow and it was causing all kinds of weird trouble.
its dying, the skeleton is showing, the polyps are receded right into the skeleton.

Try to correct whatever happened 5-6 weeks ago, it is not liking something in the tank.
Thats what I was thinking also from the algae on skeleton. I got an ICP sent yesterday and waiting for the results.

do you think its a goner or it’s save able?
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back