Odd RBTA Tentacle - What could it be?

RJinPV

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2014
Messages
415
Reaction score
319
Location
Palos Verdes, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an RBTA that is very healthy and has been that way for years. I noticed an odd tentacle that looks like there is a milky colored substance inside of one tentacle and it seems to be coming out of the tip too. It almost looks like a fungus growth or infection of some sort. Has anyone seen something like this and know what it might be?
RZ7_1278.jpg
 
+1...did it brush up on another coral?
It is possible that it touched a frogspawn coral but there are 20+ more tentacles that are closer to the frogspawn and more likely too than this one. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it changes.
 
Does the BTA allow hosting? If so, your clowns should groom that with no worries.
 
I thought I would wrap this up just for completeness. The odd tentacle was never the one closest to the frogspawn and it stayed that way for several days, until one morning it just wasn't there anymore. The RBTA is fine and never developed similar tentacles
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new