Office Tank Build

OfficeFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd start my build thread as today I started the buying process.

Some background--I'm moving my office location. Currently have a 55 gallon fresh water tank I inherited that my clients love. Knew I would have to do something new in the new office and started looking into saltwater around June of this year. We are expecting to move into the office between January and March.

Planning on quarantining fish/inverts/corals and setting up a RODI system and am slowly buying equipment before purchasing the tank right before we are ready to move in.

Expecting to buy a RedSea 625 G2+. Been working through my fish stocking list/order and have the following:

Clownfish x 4
--------------------
Add Pods
--------------------
Pajama Cardinal x 3
Vanderbilt Chrome’s x 3
--------------------
Add next CUC
-------------------
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Melanurus Wrasse
McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse
--------------------
Add Pods
--------------------
Royal Gamma Basslet
Coral Beauty Angelfish
Yellow watchmen goby
---------------------
Add next CUC
---------------------
One Spot Foxface
Longnose Hawkfish
---------------------
Add Pods
---------------------
Blue Mandarin
---------------------
Blue Throat Trigger Fish
Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Whitetail/Bristletooth Tomini Tang or neither Or PowderBlue
---------------------
Add next CUC
---------------------
Talbot’s Damselfish
Tracey’s Damselfish

Still working through this and just trying to put a plan together. The tank is going to be set up as automatic as possible. While I kind of hate that I'm deciding my stocking plan beforehand, I'm too type A and the idea is to get this up, running, and stable as efficiently as possible. Basically the entire lobby of my office is designed around this tank being in it. Already spoke to the General Contractor about the weight and placement of the tank.

I'm planning on doing a mixed reef as, based on some casual browsing, I really think a combo of soft, lps and sps can be incredible.

So I spent today buying some RODI equipment and quarantine tank gear. Looking forward to updating this, getting input, and documenting what I hope to be a really wonderful adventure! Really appreciate this community and how much I've learned this far.

NotReefsafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just do a pair of clownfish.

Tank is quite small for a Regal Blue or Powder Blue.

Do 1-2 cardinals and 1-2 chromis rather than 3. They have a habit of killing each other.

OP
OP
OfficeFish

OfficeFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Office build is coming along. We now have an official move in date of 2/26. Took some finagling with the GC and Landlord but got them to add a support under the floor to handle the weight. It's a weird email telling them you need 2500lbs dead weight to work in a 6x2 space.

The original tank position was too close to the door and that allows me to go BIGGER! Upgrading to the 750 G2+. Have my clown fish in quarantine and have the invert/coral qt tank cycling.

I've spent the last few month acquiring gear and it is all starting to feel very real now!
IMG_0219.jpeg

Tank will be up against wall on the right in the hallway.
IMG_0236.jpeg

My fiancé cannot wait for this office to be done to get this stuff out of our house.
IMG_0230.jpeg

Clowns
IMG_0237.jpeg

Invert/Coral QT Tank

Will share more once the office is complete. Paint went up this week and flooring in the next few days. Expecting the 750 to arrive on 3/15 at the office to install. Already got my team to help me move it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back