Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts. My wife is doing much better. She said she felt so much shame that she couldn't go on, I reassured her that she did nothing we cannot work through. I know prayers were answered, we're working on healing our marriage and moving forward.

FugeReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts. My wife is doing much better. She said she felt so much shame that she couldn't go on, I reassured her that she did nothing we cannot work through. I know prayers were answered, we're working on healing our marriage and moving forward.
My prayers will continue. May the Lord give you all that is needed for the reconciliation of your marriage. And, may His loving forgiveness and mercy be felt so fully by your wife that she might have relief from her guilt and shame. May you never forget, "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:7

If you ever need to talk, PM me.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praise The LORD! He does listen! I'm so happy your wife is doing better. Rely on you faith and you'll make it!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really depressed. Got a lot of bad news. My tank died, more later, and that was not even the worst news and not what I am depressed about.
My 59 year young brother had a huge bleed in his brain two weeks ago. He ad surgery but did not improved. We removed life support on Monday. He likely will pass on the next few days.
Work and going back in forth between Austin and Corpus Christi is crazy. This keeping me from thinking about my fish tank and the lost of many 10+ year old animals too much.

How my tank died was really crazy. I though, and disaster proof my tank, account for all contingency except if a hurricane level my house, or at lease cause massive damage to my house. After this event, I find that there is one thing I did not plan for and this was one happened. Some one shut off my generator after the hurricane.

After her hurricane, a friend came and check on the house and the tank for me. No damage to the house and the tank was fine. I am sure the animal just experienced a flicker of light and that is it. With everything happen in Austin, I did not get home until Monday evening, to a dark house. The generator was off. Checking on it show that some one had turn the natural gas valve from open to close. The generator shut off from lack of fuel. I turn it back open, started the generator and get into a smelly house, my house have hurricane shutter that need electricity to open (I can use a manual rod to open the shutter from the inside or outside but that is not important.
The freezer still frozen so the electricity have not been out for that lone. However, it is long enough to wipe out all the fish except for 7 clowns. All most all the SPS were gone. I cannot see though the tank. The clam was gabbing badly. All the LPS were dying. All the anemones were stressed or dying.

After getting circulation going, I asked for help from the local reefers. Working over the next 8 hrs I was able to move the anemones that still living to a friend's tank. The remaining clowns and a lot of the LPS. I called the Texas State Aquarium to see if they can take the 28 inches clam. The just got their power back on and did not have the man power or equipment to help me right then. Sean Hardegree promised to send people over to pick him up 1st thing in the morning.

I got some Prime from a friend and dump a bunch into the tank. The clam was the same when I check on him at 3 AM but dead by 5:30 AM when I check on him the second time Tuesday AM.

Long and short of this is that I may be able to save most of my anemones, other than the Red LTA and all my Malu. Some of my anemone may still died. Not able to see, I may have damaged them trying to remove them. There were no time to do anything really careful. I think a few of my LPS will be fine, very few of my SPS will live.

I will have to re set up my tank.

With my brother dying, this seem not to be a huge thing. I lost a lot of money, but there are many people lost a lot more this hurricane. The senseless loss of life is sad, but my pending lost show that the fish tank loss is trivial, plus there are other people lost a whole lot more here in Texas this last week. I am sad, but able to really keep things in correct perspective IMO.

I do not think the person who turn the generator off act maliciously. It is possible that the exhaust of the generator have gas smell to it, and he/she turn if off thinking that he did it as a favor to me. I think I am well like, I do not believe that who ever turn it off did it because it is too noisy or trying to kill my tank.

When I have time, I will post some pictures.

There are a lot of demands for my time right now. I may not able to posts, so I will thanks in advance for well wishers and any condolences.

Please read! For his brother.

Last edited:

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Flippers4pups , please let @OrionN know I have prayed for him this evening; for his brother and for the really rough loss of his tank. May our mighty God strengthen him and hold him up as he deals with these issues right now.

Just trying to get this out there, Orion is a good guy and is going through a tough time. I'll let him know we are praying for him, as he is overwhelmed by what has happened. We are pulling for him!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praying for all those in the path of this monster hurricane in the Caribbean and Florida.

Father, please watch over all the families effected by this hurricane and keep them safe. Give them strength and guide them through this. In name of the father, son and Holy Ghost, amen.

Somuchflo99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4582.JPG Please pray for my mom Shellie as she has been in icu since Monday morning on a respirator and in need of a good prayer she has having organ failure and is only 59

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My god give you and your family strength in your time of need. May he watch over all of you and give you comfort, for his love for all of us is forever and ever, in the name of the father, son and Holy Ghost, amen.

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a man that believes in God
But reading some of this is amazing
I lost the man that saved my life one year ago to the day
He took me in a drug as a addict and turn my life into something great
I am have a great job
And amazing wife and two wonderful kids
Rip John
I will see you again one day
I miss you everyday
But I use the advice you gave me everyday
Thanks for saving my life
Sober for the last 15 years

Somuchflo99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He took me in a drug as a addict and turn my life into something great
I am have a great job
Rip John
I miss you everyday
ive got 2 years couldn't have sone it without some people in my life that's amazing man and I've never been much of the religious type but I've seen amazing things since I've been sober and it's definitely made me wonder

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He took me in as a drug addict and turn my life into something great
I am have a great job
Rip John
I miss you everyday

He was a amazing man
Nothing but helped people
And cancer got the best of him

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4582.JPG Please pray for my mom Shellie as she has been in icu since Monday morning on a respirator and in need of a good prayer she has having organ failure and is only 59
@Somuchflo99, my prayer is that God Almighty will hold your mom and your family in His loving hands during this difficult time. May the physicians treating your mom have the wisdom to do whatever can be done to help her.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back