Official RAP NY Photo Thread!!

Paul - LakesideReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was meaning more priced to sell, or priced to show off. Sounds like priced to show off nobody's under $60
There was plenty of frags and other random corals for 20-50$ plus frag packs for reasonable prices, we all know torches and stuff you won’t find for under $150 and the holy grails are 500+, there was a lot of nice corals at good prices , there’s a lot of overhead with these shows so we don’t expect people to be giving away corals. I think The biggest benefit is the huge selection of literally thousands of corals that you can see and take home right there not worrying about shipping costs or delays. I’ll be back today and hopefully bring some more pieces home.
85DA0CD6-8CEE-4592-B185-79F09361FE1C.jpeg

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh definitely showing off especially the scoly corals but very few people absolutely still bought them I asked some vendors about it. Because unless you are Andrew Sandler I’m pretty sure you aren’t going to these shows to spend $3,000 on a small frag/scoly coral so here’s my thinking…the vendors spend several thousands of dollars for a booth for two days it’s super expensive…so they have to raise their prices a bit. However, it was still a lot cheaper than online overall for the customer because of around $50 extra in shipping you’d pay. And most things from big companies other than coral like saltwateraquarium.com, Red Sea etc. it was 10% off with no tax. I can think of two places who I bought from who were super popular and who had the same corals at significantly lower prices when compared to everyone else and believe me I asked how much things were A LOT and I learned the sign ASK means VERY EXPENSIVE when asking especially with hammers…omg they were expensive. Some were $1,000+ for a small 2-3 inch hammer frag and some frags weren’t even an inch and selling for that. So honestly it really depended what it was. Even the clams were averaging $100. My steal though was my golf ball sized rainbow bubble tip anemone for $45 which is much cheaper than other places I’ve seen. I hope this explains it sorry for the long explanation just things I noticed.
So vendors had things like buy 3 frags get 1 free, (so about $25/ frag) or things like 5 frags for $100.
I also got a black widow nem for $100, Arizona sunburst nem for $200. Overall it helps to know what you might be looking for in advance or the going prices so not overwhelming...

Also saltwater.com etc was 10% off PLUS tax. Neptune booth also was plus tax. I was looking to get the trident reagent. It was $5 less at the show, but figured for $5 extra I can ship it from BRS to my door and not worry about carrying 6 month supply around lol

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So vendors had things like buy 3 frags get 1 free, (so about $25/ frag) or things like 5 frags for $100.
I also got a black widow nem for $100, Arizona sunburst nem for $200. Overall it helps to know what you might be looking for in advance or the going prices so not overwhelming...

Also saltwater.com etc was 10% off PLUS tax. Neptune booth also was plus tax. I was looking to get the trident reagent. It was $5 less at the show, but figured for $5 extra I can ship it from BRS to my door and not worry about carrying 6 month supply around lol
Pictures or it didnt happen!!

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There was a vendor selling 5 monti frags for 100.00. I picked up a beach bum, Crazy T, Minion, rising phoenix and I forget what the other phoenix I got as well.

So for sure deals to be had!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There was plenty of frags and other random corals for 20-50$ plus frag packs for reasonable prices, we all know torches and stuff you won’t find for under $150 and the holy grails are 500+, there was a lot of nice corals at good prices , there’s a lot of overhead with these shows so we don’t expect people to be giving away corals. I think The biggest benefit is the huge selection of literally thousands of corals that you can see and take home right there not worrying about shipping costs or delays. I’ll be back today and hopefully bring some more pieces home.
85DA0CD6-8CEE-4592-B185-79F09361FE1C.jpeg
This is true but I just got a large GSP for free I picked up but they are super cheap anyway I love the little guys.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saw this video on Instagram! Look at that line!!!

Now I'm upset :(

I showed up and got no goodie bag when they scanned my tickets. I asked for my "free" raffle ticket and lady at the desk responded "they are selling them inside"... thankfully someone else noticed before I even responded and got my two tickets... once inside R2R had nothing but stickers at their table. At the time I assume it was normal... now with the online videos I'm seen... they had towels too!?

Paul - LakesideReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm upset :(

I showed up and got no goodie bag when they scanned my tickets. I asked for my "free" raffle ticket and lady at the desk responded "they are selling them inside"... thankfully someone else noticed before I even responded and got my two tickets... once inside R2R had nothing but stickers at their table. At the time I assume it was normal... now with the online videos I'm seen... they had towels too!?
What time did you get to the R2R booth? It was loaded most of the day everytime I passed by.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What time did you get to the R2R booth? It was loaded most of the day everytime I passed by.
I was aiming for a noon arrival but was delayed 2hours in traffic :( ended up getting there at 2pm. Stuck around until almost 5pm after the raffles... wasn't looking forward to the rush hour traffic on the way back. On the bright side I only used up like 1/4 tank of gas the whole trip.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We got there yesterday around 12. Hung around for 2 hours. Got few frags. Deals to b had but also good amount of telephone numbers. @RiptideAquaculture Mitch making deals. Ty for the Easter egg w the monti purchase. Especially on the lords 5 for 100. Some cherry sps too. Fifth alarm fire had some nice frags and zoanthids.com always. Caught up w JF and got a nice pimped out tenuis and a yellow tip for a good deal. Ultimate corals had some nice WD for 100. And other nice frags. Smaller then I thought it would b and clam selection was limited. Pacific east had a great deal on healthy clams but no squammy which was what I was looking for. Glad to see Mr Sprung in attendance. One of The Godfather’s of the hobby. And shout out to my @Absolutely Fish people in attendance on the hunt for the next best thing. Lol. Good crowd. Good experience. Glad we are back to a somewhat new normal. Happy Reefing.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it’d be a lot of fun. However looking at the pricing, I honestly couldn’t say I’d want to go just to pay current retail. To me the shows are for the deal not for the look what I got. Then again, I guess that’s what the local clubs are for instead of the super commercialized shows

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like it’d be a lot of fun. However looking at the pricing, I honestly couldn’t say I’d want to go just to pay current retail. To me the shows are for the deal not for the look what I got. Then again, I guess that’s what the local clubs are for instead of the super commercialized shows
U can always strike a deal or go on the last day and grab deals. I don’t think vendors want to leave with a lot of stock they brought.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those people that use the live sales for the 1, 5 or 10$ frags then probably not the place to shop but nonetheless deals can b found

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oh definitely showing off especially the scoly corals but very few people absolutely still bought them I asked some vendors about it. Because unless you are Andrew Sandler I’m pretty sure you aren’t going to these shows to spend $3,000 on a small frag/scoly coral so here’s my thinking…the vendors spend several thousands of dollars for a booth for two days it’s super expensive…so they have to raise their prices a bit. However, it was still a lot cheaper than online overall for the customer because of around $50 extra in shipping you’d pay. And most things from big companies other than coral like saltwateraquarium.com, Red Sea etc. it was 10% off with no tax. I can think of two places who I bought from who were super popular and who had the same corals at significantly lower prices when compared to everyone else and believe me I asked how much things were A LOT and I learned the sign ASK means VERY EXPENSIVE when asking especially with hammers…omg they were expensive. Some were $1,000+ for a small 2-3 inch hammer frag and some frags weren’t even an inch and selling for that. So honestly it really depended what it was. Even the clams were averaging $100. My steal though was my golf ball sized rainbow bubble tip anemone for $45 which is much cheaper than other places I’ve seen. I hope this explains it sorry for the long explanation just things I noticed.
You did what most should have. . .experienced, spent, saw, and went home happy
Nice Pics

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
this is one of the perks of the group. Many of us could not be there but felt we were
Great pics

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went yesterday and got a pretty good deal on a 5 head torch and a Captive bred clam. Will be back today for some more and see if I can get even better deals towards the end of the day. Also if anyone saw the two puppies yesterday in the carriage I’m stealing one today! So adorable

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 42
  • A3BA751E-942C-4616-AA0D-75EFBFB03258.jpeg
    A3BA751E-942C-4616-AA0D-75EFBFB03258.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 408FC2FD-785C-4E67-BE32-720378761B0C.jpeg
    408FC2FD-785C-4E67-BE32-720378761B0C.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 41

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes and there was Ryan’s talk and lots of fun things!☺️
I attend it try to attend most shows
This one was too close to upcoming MACNA for which MACNA blows this one away

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back