OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its lovely to see everyone SCA tanks! keep the talk going guys.
@ingchr1 I dont have the 50 but really thought about another tank a while back and almost bought it. ha
hopefully someone with a 50 will chime in.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just placed my order for my 120 gal!! On sale for$749!!! Couldn't believe the price, can't beat it! It was tough deciding between the 120 and 150 but in the end I decided on the 120 because of the space I have for it and the fact that I can reuse my ocean revive lights, skimmer, two maxspect gyre 230s and return pump that I am currently using on my 55 gal. I will use my 30 diy sump until I can convert the 55 dt to a sump. Overall, I'm upgrading from 55 to 120 for just the cost of the tank.. sweet!!

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed my order for my 120 gal!! On sale for$749!!! Couldn't believe the price, can't beat it! It was tough deciding between the 120 and 150 but in the end I decided on the 120 because of the space I have for it and the fact that I can reuse my ocean revive lights, skimmer, two maxspect gyre 230s and return pump that I am currently using on my 55 gal. I will use my 30 diy sump until I can convert the 55 dt to a sump. Overall, I'm upgrading from 55 to 120 for just the cost of the tank.. sweet!!

You will not be disappointed. The 150 I have is very well made!

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that have the 50 gallon with wood stand, what are the interior dimensions? Specifically looking if a Trigger 20C sump (20x20x15) would fit in there.

Thanks
I just measured mine. The door opening is exactly 20" wide but the inside of the stand is larger, approx 22" x 22"

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you guys paying for your 150 rimless? They have a eurobrace 150 for 849 on deal of the day but going from a red sea reefer not sure I'll like the eurobrace as much

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most people will get use to the eurobracing but I say get what makes you happy. Don't want to regret it just a few months in.

I use a canopy that covers the bracing so it doesn't bother me visually. I think it does help prevent water from dripping down the sides whenever you work on the tank. It also brings a little peace of mind with the added structural support.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most people will get use to the eurobracing but I say get what makes you happy. Don't want to regret it just a few months in.

I use a canopy that covers the bracing so it doesn't bother me visually. I think it does help prevent water from dripping down the sides whenever you work on the tank. It also brings a little peace of mind with the added structural support.

+1 to this and is exactly how I feel. I think the eurobracing definitely helps with water and salt creep and that was the deciding factor for me as well. I think that Michael Paletta talked of that benefit recently in an article also.

But as said above, get what you like for sure.

RJ Murphy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my 150, couldn't resist the deal of the day in November. It is an upgrade from my 90 glass cages. It will probably be March before it is set up, Holidays take precedence.

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember reading that to change out the returns with a random flow generator that it takes a bit of work... can anyone confirm this?

I have the 90g Cube.

FTS for s&g’s:
C95D9C6F-50FD-4189-BE88-129EDFB44FB3.jpeg

Benoit Martin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my 120G SCA tank and just found that the thin foam board that ships with it is supposed to be used as the pad underneath the tank.
It seems very slim and flimsy and I am a little worried about it even though I have a 3/4 inch red oak plywood board at the top of my stand.

Did you guys use the provided board or did you get some thicker pad like a yoga mat, etc...?
If you used it, how has it held up?

Thank you

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the standard overflow was it still pretty easy to scape or did it get in the way? I'm going to be setting mine up soon and was just wondering.. beautiful tank btw!!
Thanks! I thought it was easy scaping, it didn’t get in my way, I needed the tank close to the back wall so I chose the standard overflow.

Todvod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my 120G SCA tank and just found that the thin foam board that ships with it is supposed to be used as the pad underneath the tank.
It seems very slim and flimsy and I am a little worried about it even though I have a 3/4 inch red oak plywood board at the top of my stand.

Did you guys use the provided board or did you get some thicker pad like a yoga mat, etc...?
If you used it, how has it held up?

Thank you

I used a yoga mat, but many use the foam pad that shipped. Some said they used the supplied pad to maintain the warranty. However, Steve said using a yoga mat was acceptable as well.

Benoit Martin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the thick rubber mat from BRS and it’s much better than the supplied pad.
Are you talking about the Mr Aqua mat? The biggest size is 48x24 but the SCA 120 is actually 48x24 1/4 so it won't work for me :(

Back