OG GEO 618 calcium reactor help

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello-

I recently picked up a used GEO 618 that which is the original design. This would be my first calcium reactor. I called GEO to ask about getting some parts and mentioned my plan to use a Kamoer FX-STP2 and the tech said it wouldn’t work correctly with a peristaltic pump, only they newer design would work with QD peristaltic pumps. He said there wouldn’t be good co2 mixing and would be inefficient . Kind of bummed as I didn’t realize this was a thing. I’m torn now to just go with it and use a .5 Sicce as recommended with the needle valve or just scrap the idea and sell it and go with a reactor designed for the continued duty peristaltic pump. The unit is certainly oversized for my sps 50 lagoon but figured I would just be adding media less often. I’m mainly concerned about stability and having to “fiddle” with it. I also trace from time to time and would like to have some control. My alternative would be going to a reef octopus cr-100 or ctech t1. Any thoughts / feedback is appreciated. Thanks

OP
OP
C

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, but from what I understand is media will just last a lot longer …perhaps this is wrong way to think about it. So would you recommend just selling and going with a smaller size that is good with the peristaltic pump?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back