OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RichtheReefer21 what app do you use for your tank? The one I have now just isn't cutting it.

I did my wc, cleaning, alage removal, and testing just now. I read the tests wrong so they aren't that weird.

Strange to me though is my CA is 540, KH is 7.3, PH is 8.3, PO4 is .06, trate and trite both tested at 0 (API). Is that usual for an API test kit? Are they not really accurate enough to read over 0?

I need to get a Mg test kit then I'll be good to go. I'll do some reading on how to lower my CA.

Pictures coming once tank isn't PO'd

OP
OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures maybe not coming today bc baby. Tomorrow I think.

I scrubbed most of rock that's in the tank, loss some sponges and other such critters I am sure in the process. But it was well worth it!

I monitored gha growth over the past week and it was very minimal. I don't think it's going to grow back on the rock, we shall see.

The rock is beautiful! Just as you would expect, all the rock in this tank is many years old.

I sucked a crab out during the water change, I gave it a close look and it didn't LOOK like a xanthid, but I banished it to the sump anyway.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice catch on the crab!

I used Aquariumate. 10 bucks i paid i believe. If u stay true to it every time u test, u will have a manually built apex-style graphing to track ur parameters.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference...
Screenshot_20200823-204756_Aquarimate.jpg
Screenshot_20200823-204809_Aquarimate.jpg
Screenshot_20200823-204845_Aquarimate.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rich, the one I have now is free and it doesn't graph things very well. Like for phosphate it measures in increments of 5..
The range on the AM app i reccomended bases the scale of the graph chart off the parameters u entered.

Editting the numbers, dates, etc, is very easy.

OP
OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find that app on the google play store this morning. grrr.

I have a 99% chance that I won my friends Fantasy football league this season, should be around $160 in winnings. Going to give $40-50 to my wife and the rest to the tank :D.

RO/DI line optimization, DIY nitrate dosing (stump remover), snails and at least one coral will be coming up soon!

Hoping to get some tank pics today.

OP
OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pretty rock I have uncovered.
C7S9xAt.jpg

Mrs Clown enjoying the GHA free frogspawn on its new location
rONeNXQ.jpg

The PJ trio ft Mr Clown
kfYgwGC.jpg

The coral that could
t8Ssmor.jpg

Purple rocks plus pineapple sponges
Rl1XTB1.jpg

The favia that has been trending up for a while now
0yuj9XI.jpg

Fresh FTS, the whole crew is visable. I also did a minor rescape after I scrubbed most of the rocks. Current scape has plenty of hidey holes for the fish.
h0Jt89f.jpg

OP
OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay here is a quick shot of the two new corals. I still haven't moved the GSP. It looks at home now so i think I will move it tomorrow before it gets any ideas about spreading on that rock.

iIeE37F.jpg

Here is a good look at some rock from TBS, the bottom piece didn't get removed and scrubbed like the others so it is still nasty. I did give it a brush today with a toothbrush, in tank. It has this cool looking macro algae growing in the midst of some nuisance

Vm5qWTr.jpg

The frogspawn was looking really happy, it' s a bit more green in person.

byHPvtB.jpg

The red algae at the top is the nuisance I have been dealing with in addition to GHA. My PO4 came in at .01 today so I removed the GFO and replaced it with carbon. Will see what PO4 is next week. CA was still high at 530 but alk came in at 6. Will see where they are next week before I think about doing anything. Trate still showing as 0 on API.

Xgq2N7A.jpg

And a quick FTS. Tank is starting to turn around. The starry blenny was a great add, he is usually visible.

hmA5jNN.jpg

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to use API for testing Nitrates in the rock I am trying to pre-cycle. The API test came back 0 always after 3 weeks. I finally went this weekend to Nemos and picked up the Salifert and also a Red Sea test kit. Nitrates came in at 2ppm on both of those kits. Most everything I have read shows API test kits for nitrates are not accurate.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back