oh boy, 40g breeder build

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The driving factor behind me using Reef Crystals! I have it set up on auto ship every 3 months for this price. This is the 5g bucket.

1622559309390.png
Wow.

I got the 200g boxes of IO from Amazon on a bulk discount last year- 15 boxes for $32 each. UPS driver was NOT impressed. I gave him a couple cokes and unloaded them myself, lol

parameters on RC and the ‘dirty’ residue after mixing put me off, but that price is great.

OP
OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.

I got the 200g boxes of IO from Amazon on a bulk discount last year- 15 boxes for $32 each. UPS driver was NOT impressed. I gave him a couple cokes and unloaded them myself, lol

parameters on RC and the ‘dirty’ residue after mixing put me off, but that price is great.
I plan on using something else eventually. When I get a new job I'll prob upgrade the salt mix.

OP
OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, my metal halide is significantly dimmer, I assume it's the bulb going bad, and not the ballast? the bulb is probably 5 years old with 2 or more years of use.. haha yup!

does anyone know where I can get a 175w 14 or 20k mogul bulb besides marine depot? I'm worried I will get a new $55 bulb, and still have the same issue. Is that possible to happen?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
try reef brite,champion lighting, 2 yrs is asking a lot out of MH bulb .. ;)

OP
OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks all, ending up going with Marine depot after all. brand new hamilton 14k bulb is on the way. Now that I think about this. I think this bulb has been used for 3-4 years.. getting that value out of it haha.

I think the spectrum has changed some over the years (more yellow), I am hoping this new bulb doesn't grow turf algae as well. Right now, it's only on the side of the tank that has the MH.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back