oh boy, 40g breeder build

The driving factor behind me using Reef Crystals! I have it set up on auto ship every 3 months for this price. This is the 5g bucket.

1622559309390.png
Wow.

I got the 200g boxes of IO from Amazon on a bulk discount last year- 15 boxes for $32 each. UPS driver was NOT impressed. I gave him a couple cokes and unloaded them myself, lol

parameters on RC and the ‘dirty’ residue after mixing put me off, but that price is great.
 
Wow.

I got the 200g boxes of IO from Amazon on a bulk discount last year- 15 boxes for $32 each. UPS driver was NOT impressed. I gave him a couple cokes and unloaded them myself, lol

parameters on RC and the ‘dirty’ residue after mixing put me off, but that price is great.
I plan on using something else eventually. When I get a new job I'll prob upgrade the salt mix.
 
okay, my metal halide is significantly dimmer, I assume it's the bulb going bad, and not the ballast? the bulb is probably 5 years old with 2 or more years of use.. haha yup!

does anyone know where I can get a 175w 14 or 20k mogul bulb besides marine depot? I'm worried I will get a new $55 bulb, and still have the same issue. Is that possible to happen?
 
try reef brite,champion lighting, 2 yrs is asking a lot out of MH bulb .. ;)
 
thanks all, ending up going with Marine depot after all. brand new hamilton 14k bulb is on the way. Now that I think about this. I think this bulb has been used for 3-4 years.. getting that value out of it haha.

I think the spectrum has changed some over the years (more yellow), I am hoping this new bulb doesn't grow turf algae as well. Right now, it's only on the side of the tank that has the MH.
 
Last edited:
All is well. Tank is chugging along. I appreciate the check in.

I moved over to humble fish forum where the thread continues.
 
check you out with the spreadsheet and all.. I like it!
where is Humblefish forum???
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new