oh no another fish stocking question post

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave the mandarin out unless you are going to grow your own pods before the tank is mature. Foxface is a great idea. What about lyretails instead of the chromis? Maybe a Starcki damsel

Man I’ve wanting a Starki damsel but for the life of me I can’t find one.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not the op but trying to add to the conversation can't you get a mandarin from biota or similar that comes eating prepared foods?
Some have been successful doing that. Things can change though. I brought home a CBB that was eating mysis for a month at the lfs then wouldn't touch it in my tank. I'm just not willing to try a mandarin without a huge amount of aged rock.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I’ve wanting a Starki damsel but for the life of me I can’t find one.
They are pretty.

20210207_182056.jpg

OP
OP
Dreminon

Dreminon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not the op but trying to add to the conversation can't you get a mandarin from biota or similar that comes eating prepared foods?
thats my plan the mandarin, yellow tang, starry goby and if they get them back in stock when I go to get them the purple tang.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats my plan the mandarin, yellow tang, starry goby and if they get them back in stock when I go to get them the purple tang.
If you do go ahead with the mandarin would be good to have a rehousing plan if it doesn't work out

OP
OP
Dreminon

Dreminon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do go ahead with the mandarin would be good to have a rehousing plan if it doesn't work out
I do have a plan for just in case. although I do not believe I will have an issue. Plan on seeding pods once every other month till the six month mark. at 6 months ill be installing chaeto in my refugium. mandarin is later in my QT plan so probally the earliest would be 8 months. I also plan on raising pods and phato starting around the 5 month mark. If all that fails I have a friend with a 5 year old tank who will take him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back