OK deal on Reef Crystals salt mix

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently Petsmart has 20% off. I didn't actually hit the buy button but I went thru the checkout process for a 160gal bucket of Reef Crystals and it was $63.xx including tax/shipping. On top of that Rakuten has 20% cash back which would get you another $13 if you use them. I didn't go thru the process for Instant Ocean but I assume the same discounts would apply.

I just saw the coupon when I was looking for something else so I have no idea how long the 20% is going on. It does seem Petco and Petsmart are being very aggressive right now with their online sales.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently Petsmart has 20% off. I didn't actually hit the buy button but I went thru the checkout process for a 160gal bucket of Reef Crystals and it was $63.xx including tax/shipping. On top of that Rakuten has 20% cash back which would get you another $13 if you use them. I didn't go thru the process for Instant Ocean but I assume the same discounts would apply.

I just saw the coupon when I was looking for something else so I have no idea how long the 20% is going on. It does seem Petco and Petsmart are being very aggressive right now with their online sales.

I have been getting my Reef Crystals from Amazon for a long time. Have found some fantastic deals there. The last time I needed to order salt, Amazon was out of stock. I found the 200g box at Petco for $66. There was a coupon I was able to apply to my first order that saved me $20 so it was like $55 total for that box. Just today as matter of fact the repeat order was processed. 200g box for just under $72 total.

Edit: Amazon has the 200g RC box currently listed for $99. Alternatively, the Fritz blue box 200g is only $89. I may jump on the Fritz deal just to see if I like it. Lots of people swear by it.

Last edited:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like every time there is a nice sale on IO or RC it is cold outside and I have the door open for a while as I carry in the boxes. Seemed like a holiday say at PetCo or Chewy last time. Maybe wait a few months?

brclark82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices are all over the place for IO, my last purchase was Amazon for $26.59 for the 160g bucket in March but I haven’t seen less than $50 recently…I have probably 3 more months before I run out and if I am paying $60+ dollars I’m changing brands

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices are all over the place for IO, my last purchase was Amazon for $26.59 for the 160g bucket in March but I haven’t seen less than $50 recently…I have probably 3 more months before I run out and if I am paying $60+ dollars I’m changing brands
Went to aqua forest for that reason, at 200g's the price was close to buying the same gallons of IORC.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I have always bought reef crystals because it was considerably cheaper but now that it cost about the same as other brands I’ll switch. I’m just trying to hold out until the end of the year and if I can find any deals that make it close to the old sales prices I’ll stock up. If not I’ll switch.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am getting 200g boxes from a LFS for $50.

Yeah, I'm seeing ~ $55 on most 200 gallon boxes online... Petco and Chewy's usually.

Chewy's had a buy 2 get 1 free sale the last time I checked but I'm a numbskull and waited too long to buy. That's $37 a box (Instant Ocean) which is what I used to get it for at the LFS a few years back.... I'll keep my eye out for the next round....

@Gtinnel - if you're getting 200g boxes of a decent brand for $55 somewhere, let us know your secret!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back