Ok exp'ed reefers...

  • Thread starter Thread starter becca10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

becca10

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
458
Reaction score
355
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a 28 gal nano, not the LED package. I am wanting to go mini reef once it cycles and have gotten mixed info on running a skimmer. The guy I purchased it from had an Octopus backpack skimmer on it, big enough to run a 75 gal tank. My lfs told me NOT to bother with the skimmer??? Everything I've read says you can't go wrong with skimmers. I have live rock, 2 power heads on a wave-maker plus the stock double returns with pumps on the back. Why or why shouldn't I run the skimmer?
 
That's what I thought. Was told that with a small system and live rock that it would be overkill.
 
The only reason I would not run a skimmer is if I planned on keeping just Soft Corals and nutrient loving LPS. Otherwise a skimmer (especially if already owned) would allow you better control of your tanks nutrients. I vote to keep and use it 1smile1

​Cheers, Todd
 
I would use a skimmer. I have a 6g that I just run lights, But I also do a mini water change everyday. Skimmers are very helpful and never try to go cheap on them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new