Ok to add more fish yet?

Bhor217

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
298
Reaction score
512
Location
Chicago, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

So I have a 150G FOWLR tank that currently has a small picasso trigger and porcupine puffer. The tank has gone through the cycling process, and since getting the trigger and porcupine (5/17) my parameters have been very stable, showing no Ammonia, no nitrites and 20ppm nitrates.

My next two fish I will be getting are a snowflake eel and a volitans lionfish, my plan was to add the snowflake eel and then the lionfish.

My two questions are:

Is my tank ready for another fish to be introduced?
Can I add both the eel and lionfish at one time, or give the tank a few weeks in between each to catch up.

Thanks!
 
I think you'll be fine adding in both at the same time.
 
Hi All,

So I have a 150G FOWLR tank that currently has a small picasso trigger and porcupine puffer. The tank has gone through the cycling process, and since getting the trigger and porcupine (5/17) my parameters have been very stable, showing no Ammonia, no nitrites and 20ppm nitrates.

My next two fish I will be getting are a snowflake eel and a volitans lionfish, my plan was to add the snowflake eel and then the lionfish.

My two questions are:

Is my tank ready for another fish to be introduced?
Can I add both the eel and lionfish at one time, or give the tank a few weeks in between each to catch up.

Thanks!
You will be fine adding them at the same time. Give a week or 2 after that for any new additions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new