Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix!

1. I know a lot is missing including pages, links, stuff, etc. you're used to but we are going to get everything added back it's just going to take a day or two.

2. We need you to list stuff you see missing.

3. We need you to list bugs or error you find including messed up links etc.

4. Give it time, it's going to get better. We have some really cool stuff we're going to be adding!

I'M TIRED SO I WILL BE STARTING AGAIN ON ALL THIS IN THE MORNING! :)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't like the look myself.. I'll get used to it though. But it feels a little... wasteful, so much random space used on graphics. The new post bar on the right side would be nice to close, etc etc. I'll be honest, I don't *hate* change... but I often find not all changes are better.. So maybe I just mildly dislike change, who know!

BUT, I'm happy things are moving forward @revhtree -- that means things are humming along well!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I miss the search bar. I am not sure what happened. Thanks in advance, Ed

It's the little magnifying glass top right!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot my password, thought I was on the wrong site, and wanted to be the first to complain but so far I can't find anything?
I'll keep working on it, and glad you are moving forward Rev.
Get some rest!
Thanks for what you do.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
don't like the look myself.. I'll get used to it though. But it feels a little... wasteful, so much random space used on graphics. The new post bar on the right side would be nice to close, etc etc. I'll be honest, I don't *hate* change... but I often find not all changes are better.. So maybe I just mildly dislike change, who know!

BUT, I'm happy things are moving forward @revhtree -- that means things are humming along well!

We're going to be adjusting the spaces, adding stuff, moving stuff. This was just to get us rolling. Impossible to do all the stuff on the test site and then redo it all again when it's live.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
David!!!!!!! Its brand new! So much to look at!
We're going to be adjusting the spaces, adding stuff, moving stuff. This was just to get us rolling. Impossible to do all the stuff on the test site and then redo it all again when it's live.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id prefer an option to swap out those icons with text. The icons are not easily recognizable. New members will have an even harder time understanding what they are. Side note: they look very pixelated on mobile.

Edit: only pixelated if in 'mobile' mode. When in 'desktop' mode they look super clean.

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On my Iphone it’s only partially showing unless you turn your phone sideways. Formatting seems off

Thanks and noted! We will fix it!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Id prefer an option to swap out those icons with text. The icons are not easily recognizable. New members will have an even harder time understanding what they are. Side note: they look very pixelated on mobile.

Thanks for the feedback. You can scroll over them and click them for more info. The info we will add tomorrow.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh yeah, I understand! You'll be fine tuning all those little margins for awhile!

Also... I always jokingly ask "where's the dislike button", and I think the angry emojii is a little too close for comfort. I'm a little worried that might lead to arguments... which is kinda sad!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh yeah, I understand! You'll be fine tuning all those little margins for awhile!

Also... I always jokingly ask "where's the dislike button", and I think the angry emojii is a little too close for comfort. I'm a little worried that might lead to arguments... which is kinda sad!

Yes meant to remove that and it is gone. :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On mobile: the site seems nice and clean IF you tell the browser to change to Desktop Site.

If you leave it on mobile its a bit messy. Lots of added space for no reason. Feels cluncky

Details and we will fix it! Let us know what and where!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 84 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back