Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In dark style you can't read the links at all. Maybe find a color for the links that works with both light and dark backgrounds, or a different dark color for the background.

DarkStyle.JPG

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added a link to access your threads and posts in your user card. You can also see others as well just by clicking their user name.

Untitled-4.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Austin Lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! My only complaint is that sponsors are above actual content on the home page. Makes for not the best UI :(

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great! My only complaint is that sponsors are above actual content on the home page. Makes for not the best UI :(

This is a temporary summer sale. One week left! :)

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a clean fresh look and certainly 'up to date' with current website style trends. My only complaint is the same complaint I have for all other websites & web based tools that are using this style (not sure what it's called...?) Simply that too much space is taken up by nothing. White space, excessively fat graphics/buttons, etc. When browsing a forum page I'd like to see more than just 9 thread titles on my 13" screen, otherwise I'm wasting time scrolling and loading the next page.

9threads.png

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a current list of things that have been pointed out some place? That would help keep people from posting the same issues/suggestions over and over.

So far I like the new look pretty well. The buttons and stuff do seem to be pretty large and take up a lot of space. My only real dislike right now though is how wide the New Posts section is on the far right. The usable space on the page (inside the white background) is 20" wide on my monitor and the New Post section is over 4" wide. That's 20% of the page's usable space.

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really easy to get to the content you want. Just click the new posts: https://www.reef2reef.com/whats-new/posts/12698/

Found a new thing i dont like :p its not a dealbreaker by any means but when going to https://www.reef2reef.com/whats-new/posts/16811/ you cant simply refresh the site to get "the latest". You have to press new posts. I know this is the pinnacle of lazy but if its doable id love it :p

I know its due to the fact that the site is generated and gets the ending like /16811/ or /12698/

RCeiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I missed this in a previous post since I’m not reading through 26 pages but how are people changing the background from white to black?

Lightbulb in the top right by the search. You may have to turn your phone sideways to see the icon, but the dark mode stays active once it’s selected.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I missed this in a previous post since I’m not reading through 26 pages but how are people changing the background from white to black?

If your on your desktop then click on the light bulb in the top right hand corner, if your on a phone then turn your phone sideways and do the same

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back