Ok. Where would you mount the mp60?

acropora4u

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
2,724
Reaction score
1,200
Location
here
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 36” wide 60” long and 24” tall. Already have 2 mp40s and 2 wav pumps as you can see from the pics below but where to mount the MP60?? i have circled where the 2 mp40 are on the back 60" wall and the 2 wave pumps are on the 36" side wall

image.jpg image.jpg pumplocations.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Another picture from the back side of 60” panel where the mp40/s are placed

image.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I thought about that but think it may be too much flow for the center rock structures. ?? All Acroporas will be mounted to the entire length of that rock structure
Here's a short video of a 4,000 liter peninsula tank in Germany that might give you a few ideas. I believe they have the two powerheads mounted vertically on one side on the covered side to create a circular flow in the tanks around the rocks in the center.

 
Upvote 0
Here's a short video of a 4,000 liter peninsula tank in Germany that might give you a few ideas. I believe they have the two powerheads mounted vertically on one side on the covered side to create a circular flow in the tanks around the rocks in the center.


Thanks !!!
 
Upvote 0
I thought about that but think it may be too much flow for the center rock structures. ?? All Acroporas will be mounted to the entire length of that rock structure

image.jpg image.jpg
I think thats a good spot. Just start the flow low and when the tank is mature you can use the extra power to move more water as required.
 
Upvote 0
Ok. Mounted to the left of rock structure ..thoughts ??
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new