Okay if tank isn't level for a few days during FW test?

OP
OP
E

eschaton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, buying and using a strap wrench today was a failure. If my bulkheads were on the back, or if I had a bottomless stand, it might work. But there's just a cutout in the plywood of the stand top below the overflow box. Its open in the back, but there's not enough space in the rear for the handle of the tool. It's impossible to get a wrench or any other tool to be horizontal to the tank/nut. If I'm going to crank it, I have to crank it at an angle.

Would oil filter pliers work better?

OP
OP
E

eschaton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, after buying an oil filter wrench, then that not working, I finally just got a big effin regular wrench that fit around the bulkhead. It chewed up the outside of the nuts a bit, but it seems to have done the job. I had to completely loosen, reseat, and tighten my right drain line, but it's now dry as a bone. My center line (return) was still having a bit of seepage around the outside of the nut, so I've been making tiny corrections with the nut, and think I've finally got that dry as well. I'll let it run for a bit and see, and make another tiny turn if there's still more seepage.

Now all I have to do is mount wood to my basement wall for the RO/DI system, and the build will be done. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 64 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back