Okinawa reef in my study

FishyLips

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
51
Location
Murrieta
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this (blogging and aquarium hobby) and wanted to say hello. I am trying to create the beautiful reefs of Okinawa in my tank since I miss scuba and snorkeling. I'm taking my time to do it right and have the help of a great aquarium shop. I'm still learning the lingo, but do appreciate what this community brings to help us out. I'm looking forward to the journey and reading about the posts that make people successful and learning from failures.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this (blogging and aquarium hobby) and wanted to say hello. I am trying to create the beautiful reefs of Okinawa in my tank since I miss scuba and snorkeling. I'm taking my time to do it right and have the help of a great aquarium shop. I'm still learning the lingo, but do appreciate what this community brings to help us out. I'm looking forward to the journey and reading about the posts that make people successful and learning from failures.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability and that is great for this hobby and great life skill!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you, if you are USA based:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This might help you find people local to you, if you are outside USA:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/global-local-reef-club-discussion.634/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Welcome to R2R! I've always wanted to do a biotope but never had the patience or will power to do it. Too many pretty fishes and corals out there...

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new