Old FOWLER turning into a Reefer

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Messages
1,340
Reaction score
2,910
Location
Lexington
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Kentucky and have been running a FOWLR tank for about 15 years. So not new to saltwater tanks but very new to keeping corals. I never intended to start keeping coral but I got one for free and got hooked. I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 Chromis, 2 Clowns, a Lawnmower Blenny, and a six line wrasse. My one free coral lead to 3 more frag purchases and I killed all of them pretty quickly which made me work harder and research more. I'm trying to decide what coral to buy next that I can learn from. Water parameters, lighting, temp, salt mixes, refugium, etc is all new when keeping coral but I'm excited to learn and this forum has been helpful already. Glad to join and looking forward to learning as much as I can.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hard coral or soft coral?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Tired Good Night GIF
I had a duncan, Blastomussa (probably spelling that one wrong) and war coral. LPS is what I started with but I think I'm going to get a few softies going and then try again on the Duncan and Basto.
 
I'm from Kentucky and have been running a FOWLR tank for about 15 years. So not new to saltwater tanks but very new to keeping corals. I never intended to start keeping coral but I got one for free and got hooked. I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 Chromis, 2 Clowns, a Lawnmower Blenny, and a six line wrasse. My one free coral lead to 3 more frag purchases and I killed all of them pretty quickly which made me work harder and research more. I'm trying to decide what coral to buy next that I can learn from. Water parameters, lighting, temp, salt mixes, refugium, etc is all new when keeping coral but I'm excited to learn and this forum has been helpful already. Glad to join and looking forward to learning as much as I can.
welcome to the addiction.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new