Old FOWLER turning into a Reefer

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Kentucky and have been running a FOWLR tank for about 15 years. So not new to saltwater tanks but very new to keeping corals. I never intended to start keeping coral but I got one for free and got hooked. I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 Chromis, 2 Clowns, a Lawnmower Blenny, and a six line wrasse. My one free coral lead to 3 more frag purchases and I killed all of them pretty quickly which made me work harder and research more. I'm trying to decide what coral to buy next that I can learn from. Water parameters, lighting, temp, salt mixes, refugium, etc is all new when keeping coral but I'm excited to learn and this forum has been helpful already. Glad to join and looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
otzhorse

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard coral or soft coral?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Tired Good Night GIF
I had a duncan, Blastomussa (probably spelling that one wrong) and war coral. LPS is what I started with but I think I'm going to get a few softies going and then try again on the Duncan and Basto.

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Kentucky and have been running a FOWLR tank for about 15 years. So not new to saltwater tanks but very new to keeping corals. I never intended to start keeping coral but I got one for free and got hooked. I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 Chromis, 2 Clowns, a Lawnmower Blenny, and a six line wrasse. My one free coral lead to 3 more frag purchases and I killed all of them pretty quickly which made me work harder and research more. I'm trying to decide what coral to buy next that I can learn from. Water parameters, lighting, temp, salt mixes, refugium, etc is all new when keeping coral but I'm excited to learn and this forum has been helpful already. Glad to join and looking forward to learning as much as I can.
welcome to the addiction.

Back