0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef!!!!!
37E6295E-424F-4490-B44F-0D3429216F87.gif

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Gang, New to the forum with a big HELLO. I have been searching through a lot of posts for info and learned a ton from my 20yr break from reefing/Fish only tanks. This was back in the late 80’s. I think the reef was an Oceanic 57 with sump. T12 Florescent tubes back then.

Looking at the Waterbox 62.2 marine X. I’ll go with the 90.3 If I can fit it in. What I don’t get is what is the difference in the 90.3 Marine X and the Reef 100.3 other then 10gals? Yep, I could call them but rather hear it from you.

Goal, Bubble tip and paired Clowns to start. Yes, I know water quality and break in cycle and I’m don’t rush things. But today, 30yrs later it is way advanced. Wait however long for bubble tip to find her spot. Then all soft to start Slowly. Sand and sand sifters. In my all Fish tank I had cleaner shrimp that would Clean the Eels teeth. I’m very intrigued by cleaner shrimp and gobies/shrimp pairs . Miss my true Dragon Moray but the Mexican moray loved to be scratched. Sure, that was said Well. Ha. Reef did fine with just heavy skimming and UV now and then.

Reef was overloaded with good Live Rock. Dead spots even with extra power heads. Won’t do that again. Live rock… Took me a year to catch a hitch hiker mantis and two yrs to catch most all bristle worms. It was fun, Like fishing when the lights went out.

I’m a believer in simple is best but plan to have everything on hand incase of issues.

Fun Fact: my two biggest mistakes. 1) No battery or generator back up when the breaker tripped, and I was not home. Bad outcome. 2) Having a show Cichlid tank and painting the woodwork in the house with oil base paint without shutting down the air stone pumps. Hence, I will cover the air intake for the skimmer with a custom dry charcoal filter. Overboard maybe. I don’t care.

I blabbed enough. Glad I found this site. Thank you all.

Pics..Camera does no justice. 1990 maybe.
IMG-3113[573].jpg
IMG-3111[571].jpg
IMG-3112[572].jpg

IMG-3113[573].jpg IMG-3111[571].jpg IMG-3112[572].jpg

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 22

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Gang, New to the forum with a big HELLO. I have been searching through a lot of posts for info and learned a ton from my 20yr break from reefing/Fish only tanks. This was back in the late 80’s. I think the reef was an Oceanic 57 with sump. T12 Florescent tubes back then.

Looking at the Waterbox 62.2 marine X. I’ll go with the 90.3 If I can fit it in. What I don’t get is what is the difference in the 90.3 Marine X and the Reef 100.3 other then 10gals? Yep, I could call them but rather hear it from you.

Goal, Bubble tip and paired Clowns to start. Yes, I know water quality and break in cycle and I’m don’t rush things. But today, 30yrs later it is way advanced. Wait however long for bubble tip to find her spot. Then all soft to start Slowly. Sand and sand sifters. In my all Fish tank I had cleaner shrimp that would Clean the Eels teeth. I’m very intrigued by cleaner shrimp and gobies/shrimp pairs . Miss my true Dragon Moray but the Mexican moray loved to be scratched. Sure, that was said Well. Ha. Reef did fine with just heavy skimming and UV now and then.

Reef was overloaded with good Live Rock. Dead spots even with extra power heads. Won’t do that again. Live rock… Took me a year to catch a hitch hiker mantis and two yrs to catch most all bristle worms. It was fun, Like fishing when the lights went out.

I’m a believer in simple is best but plan to have everything on hand incase of issues.

Fun Fact: my two biggest mistakes. 1) No battery or generator back up when the breaker tripped, and I was not home. Bad outcome. 2) Having a show Cichlid tank and painting the woodwork in the house with oil base paint without shutting down the air stone pumps. Hence, I will cover the air intake for the skimmer with a custom dry charcoal filter. Overboard maybe. I don’t care.

IMG-3113[573].jpg
IMG-3111[571].jpg
IMG-3112[572].jpg

Welcome to R2R!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG-3113[573].jpg
IMG-3111[571].jpg
IMG-3112[572].jpg

Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Biology Ocean GIF
Welcome to Da Reef!
Welcome back to Salty Life!

IMG-3113[573].jpg
IMG-3111[571].jpg
IMG-3112[572].jpg

Frag Farm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG-3113[573].jpg
IMG-3111[571].jpg
IMG-3112[572].jpg

It's wonderful to see you reconnect with an old hobby of yours. Here at Frag Farm Coral we want to give you a big welcome to R2R and a big welcome back into the hobby!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back