Old hand, new to the forum

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greybeard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
3,265
Reaction score
8,411
Location
Buffalo, MO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick intro post, been keeping reefs since the early 80's, though I was out for about 10 years, started back up summer of 15. 60g cube, viewable 'in the round'. Current state is pretty sad, had a massive die off over Christmas due to gun cleaning chemicals on my hands. About ready to start adding corals again. I'm out in the woods, near Buffalo, MO.

Keep seeing threads on here from Facebook, thought I'd sign in and say hi.

Just a photo of the setup... Changed out that Halo for a 250w Halide a few months ago.

Corner.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R. I know where Buffalo is (originally from St. Louis). Thanks for joining. Love the cube.
 
Oh man sorry about the coral loss! Welcome to R2R and nice set up you have!
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Thanks all.

And, because pictures always make a post better, how 'bout one under the tank? Excuse the rat's nest, I pulled all the cords out of the basket above when I installed the BRS mini-reactor, haven't put 'em back yet. Printed hose clamps for the reactor lines should be here this evening, I'm going to move the MJ pump to the return compartment and clean up the feed lines.

Sump021017.jpg


So, Eshopps RS100, SRO1000sss, Tunze ATO, Eshopps reservoir, adapted factory overflow to Herbie style drain, Iwaki pump... the coil of hose comes from my RO/DI unit, in case I need to fill up a bucket for a water change. It runs to the reservoir on a float valve, as well. Need to change my sock :P
 
Welcome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new