Old reefer from FL starting new in Bellevue

Christie Sanam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've had quite a journey. I used to work with a reef store in FL and had tanks taking up most of my living space back in the day.

I had a freshwater tank going for a while (little easier for my husband to maintain if i travelled for work)

but I'm settling down now and want to convert it into a saltwater (its a 15g fluval w led lights, thats kind of new from when i was in the hobby last!) with a 5g sump.

I'm aware of Saltwater in the City which is kind of near my house but wanted to check if there are any other stores in the area.

I'd also love to know more about any swaps going on - My first step is to get some live rock and start my cycle and i'd love to be able to do it on a budget, luckily don't need much for this size of a tank

Nice to meet you and thanks

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've had quite a journey. I used to work with a reef store in FL and had tanks taking up most of my living space back in the day.

I had a freshwater tank going for a while (little easier for my husband to maintain if i travelled for work)

but I'm settling down now and want to convert it into a saltwater (its a 15g fluval w led lights, thats kind of new from when i was in the hobby last!) with a 5g sump.

I'm aware of Saltwater in the City which is kind of near my house but wanted to check if there are any other stores in the area.

I'd also love to know more about any swaps going on - My first step is to get some live rock and start my cycle and i'd love to be able to do it on a budget, luckily don't need much for this size of a tank

Nice to meet you and thanks
Welcome, hope to see more from you and a bigger tank soon :)

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Christie & welcome to R2R . We look forward to seeing your next tank project . A budget isn't too hard to pull off. However I'm sure you know how pricey stuff can be these days .

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
EA78B1D9-ED6E-4E11-AA63-3C0FFFFAA0FC.gif

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christie -

I set up a saltwater tank back in June, after being out of the hobby for over 30 years....kids got in the way.

I'd second the recommendation for Barrier Reef in Renton. If you're interested in coral, there's Sea King Aquariums (12005 NE 12th St #29, Bellevue, WA 98005), I think its one of the better retailers. Surprisingly Denny's Pets is fairly good with saltwater, for a general purpose pet store, and its in Kirkland. I don't think that any of the LFS(Local Fish Store) in the Seattle/Bellevue area are as big and fancy as the ones I see online in other states. But then I've never visited them and its relatively easy to make a bigger impression on the Internet, so maybe the brick and mortar versions of these places aren't that big.

I'm not aware of any swaps in the area. There are a couple of private sellers that show up from time to time on craigslist.

I'm located in Edmonds, so all of the LFS are a long drive for me, particularly considering the traffic in this area.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back