Old Tank looking for some new friends...

nigeldcat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current 150G tank has been up and running since Oct 2011. Current residents are a mated pair of Ocellaris clowns that I have had since 2001in a previous tank. Other residents include Eibli Angel, Midas Blenny, One spot Foxface, and a Scarlett Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, hermits, and snails. I do have some soft corals throughout the tank.

The tank is a little lonely as just before the pandemic I lost my a 7.5-year-old Kole Tang and was starting to think about some new fish, but then the pandemic hit. Over the course of the pandemic, I lost a 5.5-year-old Pink Spotted Watchman Goby and a 7.5-year-old Longnose Butterfly fish. The deaths were spaced out so attribute those to old age and seems to be average life span. Fast forward to last week and I just lost my 10-year-old six line wrasse (Jimi).

QT tank is back up and running and working on a new stock plan so jumping back into the forums to do some research. I am joining this forum as it seems to be the most active and some of the others seem to have fallen a little into the shadows. I keep an uncrowded tank as it keeps the aggression down, tank stable, and maintenance easy. I will be throwing out my ideas soon for feedback. Although I am sad to lose Jimi who was mostly peaceful, not having a six line anymore is going to open options without having to worry he may snap.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community! I am so sorry for your losses but at the same time congratulations on doing something really right to have been able to keep them for their natural lifespans! I look forward to seeing your setup. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back