OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I critiqued the big work thread I linked it, asked people to factor the pictures they see/same scrutiny applies to my threads so I don't feel I'm unfair in my assessments, if you have specifics I know you will be able to discern causatives very well you're both welcome to post here for sure. I think you guys write well for cause-and-effect reef analyses.

I did have a couple respondents in private message tell me their reef got invaded again several months after their rip clean

so was that a fail of rip cleaning?

my mind sees it this way: they know how to get back into the good lane when they're done playing around.

they've tasted what total tank control looks like, they're probably not concerned much about getting their reef back as soon as they will it.

I have seen a really good sustain rate for the physical changes mentioned prior for sure.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so was that a fail of rip cleaning?
Yes. It is like someone saying a copper treatment for 30 days is all thats needed to prevent disease. In other words,Copper treatment is great, but its not the only thing needed for quarantine). if you tell someone to correct something - then shouldn't part of that correction be what to do to prevent the problems (whatever they are)? BTW - I have no clue how well rip-cleaning does long-term as compared to other methods. I am not going to have a competition with you - analyzing these problems is not a huge interest of mine. My contribution to the thread was very simple: "I wonder what these tanks looks like 3, 6, 9 etc months later.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
again, I'm keeping this thread related to specific pics or threads of outcomes, that is how we keep arguments at bay.
Hi Brandon - you don't need to respond (honestly). You appear to be bumping many of your threads to the top and asking that people only post in agreement to you and that everyone else kindly exit.

It therefore appears that you are asking/demanding that you be free to post advice and opinion at will in threads that you start, without being challenged on any of it.

If that is truly the case, I would suggest that this is not the proper venue. A personal site or blog is more suitable for broadcasting your thoughts, ideas, and opinions without challenge.

Happy reefing.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let that be your final parting shot here.

Back to work:

Friends who read to contribute to tank rehab science-
More rehab jobs are in the works in chat. With each post example added/ the resulting bump/ new work requests are made in chat it's a very productive wheel.

Some of these are pretty substantial tank moves and relocations, things like this recent one:

Those jobs are logged because they're on- demand work jobs completed. We can follow up with the owners updates to track rip clean patterning.

I'm asking for work load jobs, not external critique for pages.

What I'm requesting here and what's helpful and pertinent to the thread would be rounding up tank transfer jobs or tank rescue jobs to work live time.

If someone else wants to use a competing method, by all means do and we'll log that outcome for comparison.

As long as we're doing actual live time tank work, like was completed above recently using just this method here, that's what the thread is about.

Debating over analyst's different cause and effect passions isn't the focus of the thread. We're an example- based thread.

His use of our method here in this thread wasn't to rescue a challenge tank, it was to skip cycle transfer a full reef into a new reef tank.

But he did what we do here: rip cleaning reverses old tank syndrome

rip cleaning fixes many reef tank invasion issues

rip cleaning can be used by an unlimited number of readers to skip cycle transfer their entire reef any way they'd like to handle it, using no testing for cycle params.

We demonstrate a method of required reef tank compliance. I have the right to build up that method in peace here and solely focus on our results: are they good or bad results

For long term tracking subscribe to those tank owners for post updates on the rip clean tank.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please let that be your final parting shot here.

Back to work:

Friends who read to contribute to tank rehab science-
More rehab jobs are in the works in chat. With each post example added/ the resulting bump/ new work requests are made in chat it's a very productive wheel.

Some of these are pretty substantial tank moves and relocations, things like this recent one:

Those jobs are logged because they're on- demand work jobs completed. We can follow up with the owners updates to track rip clean patterning.

I'm asking for work load jobs, not external critique for pages.

What I'm requesting here and what's helpful and pertinent to the thread would be rounding up tank transfer jobs or tank rescue jobs to work live time.

If someone else wants to use a competing method, by all means do and we'll log that outcome for comparison.

As long as we're doing actual live time tank work, like was completed above recently using just this method here, that's what the thread is about.

Debating over analyst's different cause and effect passions isn't the focus of the thread. We're an example- based thread.

His use of our method here in this thread wasn't to rescue a challenge tank, it was to skip cycle transfer a full reef into a new reef tank.

But he did what we do here: rip cleaning reverses old tank syndrome

rip cleaning fixes many reef tank invasion issues

rip cleaning can be used by an unlimited number of readers to skip cycle transfer their entire reef any way they'd like to handle it, using no testing for cycle params.

We demonstrate a method of required reef tank compliance. I have the right to build up that method in peace here and solely focus on our results: are they good or bad results

For long term tracking subscribe to those tank owners for post updates on the rip clean tank.
Ok - so it's unclear to whom this was asked/stated - but - all I asked is what is the medium to long-term prognosis for these tanks? I thought someone would know. The title of this thread does not say 'post your rip clean results' it says old tank syndrome is vanquished. Your intial post in the thread is not what you said above - and it is a discussion forum. Remember - any post you want to report - thats what mods, etc are for.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back