Oldude SPS pix

Moonlightreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been planning to take a front view picture for a while and coincidentally finally got around to it --- so as requested here is a FTS taken yesterday. (Jan 24 2016)

FTS2_zps0ghwfvaa.jpg
speachless thank you

OP
OP
Oldude

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just ridiculous! WOW I'm in love!

I hate to be picky but I would love to see this in a larger size so I could check out all the detail, if you can!
Thanks, not sure how to resize pictures posted in the thread? Although I believe you saw the same picture on my facebook page.

Thanks

Thanks

Amazing tank, a credit to your work. Best sps tank I have seen in some time! Thank you!
Thanks - that is a great compliment.

speachless thank you
Thanks much

Your tank is inasne. Have I told you that?
You just did - thanks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still in awe!

volivier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, I want my tank to grow like that:) Other than the Fauna Marin products, anything else that helps your color and growth? What kind of water changes do you do?

RCs reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reef is mesmerizing! I couldn't imagine the amount of work that you have in on this. I have one question tho what do you keep your water prams at or close to? I'm just recovering from a crash do to my dkh spiking really high. I have been testing my water everyday and I finally got it under control. I'm just wondering what it takes water quality wise to have such a magnificent display.

OP
OP
Oldude

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Just wow. Looks amazing and mood job on the pictures. I hope to one day have a tank that looks half as good.
Thanks for the compliment

I'm still in awe!
Thanks Dave

Beautiful, I want my tank to grow like that:) Other than the Fauna Marin products, anything else that helps your color and growth? What kind of water changes do you do?
Thanks. Water changes make a big difference, I change about 45 gal per week.

Your reef is mesmerizing! I couldn't imagine the amount of work that you have in on this. I have one question tho what do you keep your water prams at or close to? I'm just recovering from a crash do to my dkh spiking really high. I have been testing my water everyday and I finally got it under control. I'm just wondering what it takes water quality wise to have such a magnificent display.
Thanks very much - I try to keep my values pretty close to NSW - Ca 420, Alk 7dkh, Mag - 1350

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More!! LOL!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Deep colors!

nickman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing system! Thank you for sharing and taking the time to take pictures and answer everyone's questions!

Not sure if you answered this already or not but what MH and T5 bulbs do you run and what salt do you use?

-Nick

nickman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through another thread of yours and saw that you were running Phoenix MH bulbs and using Reefers Best salt, is this still the case?
I still did not find what T5s you were using though :)

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing colors.
Any ID on the first 4 corals in the last set?
Thanks

OP
OP
Oldude

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep colors!
That's from having a large bioload and not running ULNS but there are some trade offs as well but I do like rich colors.
Thank you so much for keeping posting such beautiful photos of your amazing corals and tank. Great source of inspiration!
Thanks for the great compliment, thanks for looking!
Amazing system! Thank you for sharing and taking the time to take pictures and answer everyone's questions!

Not sure if you answered this already or not but what MH and T5 bulbs do you run and what salt do you use?

-Nick
Thank you. T5's are a mix of super blue, 10k, new gen & fiji purples --- MH are Pheonix 250 watt 14K.

I went through another thread of yours and saw that you were running Phoenix MH bulbs and using Reefers Best salt, is this still the case?
I still did not find what T5s you were using though :)
Yes I am, T5's listed above

Amazing colors.
Any ID on the first 4 corals in the last set?
Thanks
Thanks - I am not sure of the 1st yet, (I think the others are as follows) 2nd is a.nasuta, 3rd a.desalwii, 4th a.granulosa.

As always, a beautiful salty garden!
Thanks very much.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back