OMG this is an awesome breakthrough

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yates273
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2018
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
1,197
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To say the least I have had a Mandarin in my tank for 6 months now I have been feeding baby brine shrimp and pods to keep him happy. Today I decided to turn off all flow amd feed my fish frozen blood worms and frozen mysis. I always make sure all my fish are eating. Well today to my surprise I observed my Mandarin tear into both the frozen mysis amd blood worms. He was feasting on all that I squirted near him and not spitting anything out. I even took a slow motion video of this but I don’t know how to post that. I am so excited about this breakthrough. <—— Pretty sad that this is what excites me. Lol just figured I would share this with everyone. Next up I am culturing live white worms. He should love those since that’s the reason I’m doing it.
 
That's awesome! Congrats!!


giphy.gif
 
Excellent!! Hopefully this continues because I'm sure that takes a lot of stress off you when it comes to feeding him!! Keep us updated.
 
Excellent!! Hopefully this continues because I'm sure that takes a lot of stress off you when it comes to feeding him!! Keep us updated.
Will absolutely keep ya updated. Man I can’t wipe
this smile off of my face. Can probably remove my Paul B feeder now.
 
Will absolutely keep ya updated. Man I can’t wipe
this smile off of my face. Can probably remove my Paul B feeder now.
You have every right to be ecstatic about this considering how super finicky these guys seem to be and how many seem to die (sadly) from starvation. I would be doing a dance and a shout of joy if I were you!!! Haha.
 
Congratulations! It's always a stressful event acclimating picky feeders. I'm just coming to the successful conclusion of getting a Copperband Butterfly eating like a pig. I think it's even taking pellets out of the auto feeder now.

Speaking of pellets, you can take the next step of mixing some in with the frozen food trying to get the Mandarin taking them. That will open up even more options for you...
 
Sounds great. “Difficult” fish are almost always pretty durable if you can just get them to eat. A big success.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new