OMG this is an awesome breakthrough

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To say the least I have had a Mandarin in my tank for 6 months now I have been feeding baby brine shrimp and pods to keep him happy. Today I decided to turn off all flow amd feed my fish frozen blood worms and frozen mysis. I always make sure all my fish are eating. Well today to my surprise I observed my Mandarin tear into both the frozen mysis amd blood worms. He was feasting on all that I squirted near him and not spitting anything out. I even took a slow motion video of this but I don’t know how to post that. I am so excited about this breakthrough. <—— Pretty sad that this is what excites me. Lol just figured I would share this with everyone. Next up I am culturing live white worms. He should love those since that’s the reason I’m doing it.

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! Congrats!!

giphy.gif

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent!! Hopefully this continues because I'm sure that takes a lot of stress off you when it comes to feeding him!! Keep us updated.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will absolutely keep ya updated. Man I can’t wipe
this smile off of my face. Can probably remove my Paul B feeder now.
You have every right to be ecstatic about this considering how super finicky these guys seem to be and how many seem to die (sadly) from starvation. I would be doing a dance and a shout of joy if I were you!!! Haha.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! It's always a stressful event acclimating picky feeders. I'm just coming to the successful conclusion of getting a Copperband Butterfly eating like a pig. I think it's even taking pellets out of the auto feeder now.

Speaking of pellets, you can take the next step of mixing some in with the frozen food trying to get the Mandarin taking them. That will open up even more options for you...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excellent!!

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great. “Difficult” fish are almost always pretty durable if you can just get them to eat. A big success.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back