One Anthias or more than one

  • Thread starter Thread starter basile
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

basile

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2013
Messages
723
Reaction score
87
Location
Gatineau/Ottawa canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0







Ok i have a Squareback Anthias (Pseudoanthias pleurotaenia)


Photo142-1.jpg



This is what he looked when i bought him , nice and sharp colors, the square very sharp and so on. Now however , his robe his meh. I know that being alone those fish loose coloration like many fish of this type, they need harem or pretenders.


So if i add only one smaller one would that do , mine is big, is he the male, now, thats what ièm not sure about. I just don't want to se a blood sports in there. I really don't have room for more than one more.


My tank is a 150 G , 6'X24"X21"high,


6 chromis
1 convic tang
1 yellow tang
1 foxface
2 clarkii and their carpet nem
1 flame hawk
1yellow watchman
1sixline wrasse
and that squaback Anthias


I've tried to put a mirror se what happens but all my other fish go crazy as well, so in the end it makes everybody mad .




173.jpg



Lots of swimming room. I'm not a coral person really. Just middle of the road. more mixed reef, LPS,growing my own algaes, some are in the tank.


Display refugium, growing tank;


508.jpg





So could i add only one other Anthia for it to bring back the colors to my fish or does it need a harem for real. That's his colors now, very much different and paler than the first time he came home.




391.jpg





I write big for my iphone friends




​
 
It should be fine, if I had a tank that big, I would have a bunch of them. Just make sure you have enough hiding space.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new