One Dos pump temporarily stopped working

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggling with water level for a couple days. My high level switch kept shutting down my DOS AWC.
I realized today that my saltwater removal side of the DOS was not coming on. I tried to turn it on manually through fusion, and nothing happened. I pulled The head off and snapped it back on. I power cycled it. Finally I pressed the manual button on the DOS and the pump turned on. It now responds through fusion and is following the schedule for auto water change.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? The pumps have about one years worth of use.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the motor is going bad on that side. If it happens again I would remove the head and see if the motor turns. If not then the stepper motor is going bad. I know you can buy the heads. but I am not sure if you can buy the motors. If the motor turns without the head on it then simply replace the head, and it is available for purchase.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back