One more fish... but which one?

Basementreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys!
As the title states, I want to add one more fish to my tank (RSR 170).
I already have two clown, which are mostly occupying the area around the overflow and are getting along with the rest nicely. Then I have two chromis (it was three not long ago, but one got killed by another chromi) and a fire dartfish which is a little shy and hides 60% of the day. I formerly had a bicolor blenny, but sold him because he was starting to nip on my beloved micromussas. For crustaceans I got a fire shrimp.
I was thinking about a talbots damsel, but I am not sure if they get along well with the chromis. I can't get a wrasse (sadly) because I have some Aptasia and as soon as it gets too many I want to add some Berghias. I don't have enough pods to sustainably keep a mandarin and I am not interested in breeding my own pods. Maybe a shrimp and goby combo? Will the goby nip my corals? I am very careful with that now since my bicolor almost killed two small colonies of my micros... If there is a fish that is relatively safe to add, I would really appreciate your suggestions! But if not, I am fine with keeping things how they are now. Its just that I am frequently thinking about if and what to add and if you tell me to better not add anything, I will have my peace :)
Thanks in advance!

bark1ngspider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know u don’t want wrasse but pygmy wrasse are cool or maybe even a watcan or diamond goby.....but IMO I think ur pretty stocked just look up nano fish and u should be good to ho

OP
OP
Basementreefer

Basementreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know u don’t want wrasse but pygmy wrasse are cool or maybe even a watcan or diamond goby.....but IMO I think ur pretty stocked just look up nano fish and u should be good to ho
Thanks for your reply!
I know pygmy wrasses look really cool, but Berghias have helped me wonders in my previous tank. A diamond goby is a cool idea, though I am afraid they will just cover my scolys and my Symphyllia with sand. Is that a justified concern?
Yes my tank is pretty stocked for its size. Maybe I will just keep it like that. I just thought that two are gone there is some room for one small fish now. I will also look into some nano fish.

bark1ngspider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fire fish....goby I wouldn’t worry to much about unless he starts to make mountains of sand....I have rock flowers on sand and he leaves them alone sand wise....royal gramma would be cool or orchid but be careful agression

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might not be what your looking for but I love this fish. (Fu Manchu dwarf Lion)

Attachments

• 810379DB-5A6F-41F8-8963-BBE4C4B13475.jpeg
    810379DB-5A6F-41F8-8963-BBE4C4B13475.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Basementreefer

Basementreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fire fish....goby I wouldn’t worry to much about unless he starts to make mountains of sand....I have rock flowers on sand and he leaves them alone sand wise....royal gramma would be cool or orchid but be careful agression
Well then I will think about the goby. I would also like my sand to be a bit cleaner :)
Might not be what your looking for but I love this fish. (Fu Manchu dwarf Lion)
Wow that looks so cool! Is it appropriate for a 43 gallon tank?

OP
OP
Basementreefer

Basementreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the minimum tank size is 30 gallons
Very cool, but I have read it mostly eats life food and can be a danger to fish half its size or less. I don't want to risk that.
Still an interesting suggestion.
Thank you!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back