One Nero 5

rooneyj889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I currently have a 75 gallon tank with dimensions of 48 inches wide, 18 inches deep and 24 inches tall. I was liking at getting a nero 5 and was wondering if one was enough My return pump is currently sitting in they back right corner of the tank and pushes water across the width of the tank and J have a single 600 GPH Hydor in the front left portion of my tank essentially pushing all water from the return to the Hydor and then back to the return. I was planning on replacing the hydor with a Nero 5 and then putting the hydor just below my return nozzle to help with the flow there. Is this enough for my tank? No corals right now but gonna stick with softies and LPS for now, no SPS.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For softies and lps one Nero 5 is plenty in a 75. I have one Nero 5 and two Gyre xf330 in my Reefer 350 and when I turn off the Gyres it’s pretty impressive how much flow I can get with one Nero 5. I can easily get a standing resonant wave going with just the Nero at 65-70%.

Two would be optimal for back and forth flow, or having one making a resonant wave while the other provides current, but if you don’t have corals yet it will be awhile until that matters. Get one now and add another later on.

Ravsta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a single Nero 5 in my 70 gallon display and it does the job perfect along with my return pump. These things are powerful. I’m running mine in various modes but under 75% cos if I wind it up to 100 it blows everything everywhere!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back