One of the sweetest yumas...

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the sweetest yumas I have seen. Picked it up today. Who makes these things? They should get a top rating.
Note it has 2 mouths. How rare is that?

IMG_2784.jpg

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Having two mouths means that it will most likely split in the near future.
I really like Yumas, they use to be in very high demand then like most other coral that demand fades. They will come back around, soon I hope!

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, that dude's splitting :)

i've got 4 that same color, that i bought for 10. one was the size of a grain of sugar sand, stuck to a larger piece of sand, and the other 3 were on a 1" rock (knew there was one (about 1/8" at the time), but the other two were hiding in a crevice.

they're my fav shrooms! :D

mnherper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool yuma i have a rock with about 15 or 20 of them.there are one of my fav.

mikedelgado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love yumas, that one is really nice. I dont see nice ones like that for sale very often

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yumas don't split really. ricordea florida do and even some what we refer to as mushrooms do, but not yumas. They move alng and drop babies, basically leave a small piece of themselves behind that grows into another yuma. A double mouth yuma is a rarity, but it will not split, unless I were to cut it myself, but that will not happen to this one.
Here are a couple more I got with the first.
These are not color enhanced. Taken under actinic T5 and 14k MH.

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

Crystal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get on a baby list? I never have seen cool yumas like that in my area.

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I know I have to move to Florida, just so that I can get the good corals. Nothing much out here in the desert--we have one SWF store! Where did you pick those beauties up?

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I know I have to move to Florida, just so that I can get the good corals. Nothing much out here in the desert--we have one SWF store! Where did you pick those beauties up?
Well, it wasn't local. These are Pacific and come through CA so moving to FL might not be such a good idea. Economy here is one of the worst right now on top of having to cover the plants because of hard freezes and then going bare-foot later that same day. Lots of sick pple down here right now because of the drastic changes in the temps and all the mold popping up every where. I am whining because I am one of those that has been sick off and on for the past month+.
Think I would rather be in the desert hunting kingsnakes, ratters, scorpions and the like.

miniwhinny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh WOW !!! Just a minute while I pick my jaw up off the floor !!! Those are just stunning. You are so lucky to have them.

I'm new here and fairly new to 'shrooms. Can I ask you what conditions/lighting you are keeping these beauties in?

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh WOW !!! Just a minute while I pick my jaw up off the floor !!! Those are just stunning. You are so lucky to have them.

I'm new here and fairly new to 'shrooms. Can I ask you what conditions/lighting you are keeping these beauties in?

Thanks. I am keeping them very low. I only have MH in my tanks and they came from a VHO tank. ph at 8.4+ day and 8.2 night, SG at 35ppt. Temp at 80 average. Calcium stays at 450, alk 3.5 average.

star27624

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice yumas. Wish I was still in the area so I didn't have to wait on the weather to have things shipped.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this one today. Not the greatest pic but colors are pretty accurate.

IMG_4543.jpg

stoneroller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive. I was beginning to think you had given up Ricordea? I guess not.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back