OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple more on the same rock. There are babies popping up right and left.

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

K-MAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where?

I'm in Central Florida...where are you getting these pieces??? they are stunning!

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. They came from a local that kept them under VHO. I tried keeping them under MH and a couple of them turned white when I wasn't paying attention. The rest I have really, really low int he tank. So far theya re keeping their color.
I tried.

RaddReef319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! My bright orange yuma has dropped five babies. The largest being around the size of a quarter. To me, it seems that they readily leave tissue behind to differentiate into another, but the babies are very slow growers, at least that is my experience.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! My bright orange yuma has dropped five babies. The largest being around the size of a quarter. To me, it seems that they readily leave tissue behind to differentiate into another, but the babies are very slow growers, at least that is my experience.
That seems to be the way it is for me. Ricordea florida grow super fast, but yuma are much slower. Maybe because they do leave bits behind that have to grow into whole ricordea whereas floridas split duplicates that are pretty much whole rics already.

RaddReef319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my blue/orange ricordea florida split over the course of only a couple of days and become two independent fully formed polyps. It was even a short time course for forming their primitive guts.

Last edited:

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure where in Fl you are but if you want some really nice yumas go check out coral corral. they got some really nice ones right now for a great price. i almost bought these HUGE pink one they have but the yuma never does well in our tanks. not sure why. the first one i ever got has been with me for years and makes babies like mad. every new one i have added since then fades away.

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful yumas!
Yeah they are hit and miss. I have about 4 different colors/kinds that do great under my T5's but I've also had some that seemed fine for 2 weeks and then melted in 1 day.

kass

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one similar to that, it has lots of pinks, teals, purple with a green and orange mouth. I have about 7-8 babies, everytime it stretches its foot out i cut it about a 1/4" and then a week later i have another baby.
000_0096.jpg

000_0093.jpg

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! Once i get moved here in a few weeks, i will be pulling all the babies off and attaching them to rubble. Seems to be a very easy coral to propagate. Just take a razor blade and separate a part of its foot and you got a baby!

Reefhabit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the sweetest yumas I have seen. Picked it up today. Who makes these things? They should get a top rating.
Note it has 2 mouths. How rare is that?

IMG_2784.jpg
Hey...I have the same kind! The craziest Yuma I have seen though was a single giant head that looked like the Tyree Pink Watermelon Chalice. Sold for $300 at my LFS.

Back